“perfect for our needs”

Days Inn Bloomington
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed June 28, 2012

this was a great stay and would return here. it is on the outskirts of town so only suitable for those with a car although there is a cheap car hire right across the road. the breakfast was simple but fine and the staff really friendly. there are food outlets and liquor store all within a few minutes walk.

Room Tip: The denneys next to the hotel is quite expensive, $8 for a burger???
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Came down for IU orientation, checked in to room which had questionable linen. We took office manager and showed him. He was courteous through it all. After looking at two other rooms with "questionable" linen, we told him we had to leave. We were unwilling to chance it. My CC was charged and I am presently insuring I don't have to pay for what was a nightmare experience.Got in at 11p.m., the debacle had us calling and driving around Bloomington looking for hotels during Freshman orientation weekend. A disaster indeed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I know you don't travel to watch television but when you are in one place for several days it is nice to have better tv selection thatn you get here. The room was clean and office personnel are usually courteous.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Had a terrific stay at this economical hotel, with a comfortable, clean room. The office manager, Lisa, was especially hospitable and helpful with problems that we had, and exemplified the old-fashioned Midwestern hospitality that the region was known for. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. No complaints of any kind.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Kudos to the staff member at this hotel who went to the trouble to put a welcome note, decorations and snack in our room. Like many parents we are here for our child's college graduation from Indiana University and this was a very pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: No other comments, this was just to thank them.
Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I had never stayed in Bloomington IN so I did not know what to expect. Having always stayed at the Days Inn in Jasper, IN I thought I would try this location. I called to make my reservation and asked about "inside" access vs. "outside" access. This property only has outside access to the rooms which I usually don't care for but for one night, I was okay with it tho I did express my concern with it. The gal who took my reservation assured me that I would be happy with my stay. When I arrived, she had reserved a room that faced the street and on the first floor. I was glad for that. I don't care for rooms that are isolated.

I was very pleased with the location, accommodations and the price. It looked like the room had undergone a nice renovation. It was very comfortable. The room was nicely decorated and it looked like the window treatments and bedding were updated. I always take advantage of the microwave and fridge and this room had both.

Easy access to shopping at the end of my day and a very convenient grocery, Marsh, was within a block or so from this property. Nice salad bar!

After spending one night here, I decided to extend my stay one more night choosing to do my driving the next morning..to the next appointment. I will stay here again should the need arises. I was very happy with my stay.

Room Tip: Always express your preferences!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This hotel was not worth the $90 we paid. It's more like a $60 hotel. There were hairs on the bathroom floor and in the tub. The shower rod looked like it was going to come off the wall, the toilet didn't want to flush, and there was a large stain on the white comforter. We did not receive any shampoo and had to go down to the front desk to ask for some. It was quiet and I slept well, but overall I wish I would've spent a little more and went somewhere better.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends