“Very poor customer service”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #228 of 349 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: Cafe
Bloomington, Indiana
“Very poor customer service”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The bagels here are pretty good and the hazelnut smush is amazing, but the service leaves much to be desired.

The menu clearly states one price for a bagel with any spread. When I ordered 3 bagels on my way to work, I only received 2 of the spreads. When I realized this, I inquired about it and was told I could purchase another spread if I chose.

Why on earth state one price for a bagel and spread, then not give me for 3 of the spreads for my 3 bagels? What if I had ordered 5 bagels? Would I still have only gotten 2 spreads as well?

I was treated like I was an idiot because I was not aware that bagels and spreads were charged separately. I was only given excuses with a defensive reaction, and no apologies.

Apparently the customer is never right at Panera in Bloomington.

• Visited April 2012

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Food is okay”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The food is okay. I feel that there food is little over priced.

Visited October 2011
Bloomington, Indiana
“Consistently Good Food & Pleasant Atmosphere”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Panera in Bloomington is always busy as it is frequented by IU students as well as locals. Food is always good. I am aggravated that students are allowed to occupy space, playing on their computers, for hours at a time, long after they have eaten, leaving no room for other diners to sit. Other than that, I love Panera!

• Visited November 2011
kansas city
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“always good soup”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

This chain is usually a good bet. Wish the potato soup was available every day, though.

Bayside, New York
“par for the franchise”
Reviewed January 22, 2010

Better than a greasy burger joint. Parking lot is busy. Food is what you expect from Panera Bread - in terms of taste, selection, and price. Free WiFi is a nice perk.