“Nice Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed November 5, 2010

The rooms were spacious and clean. The queen size beds were very comfortable. The only problem we had was the sink plunger didn't work, which was a problem for those of us who wore contact lenses. The surroundings were quiet. The evening staff was cordial and kind, but the morning desk clerk appeared was curt and aloof. Also, although there was a quantity of different foods in the continental breakfast, it wasn't very good.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
marilyn1714, Owner at Comfort Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, November 9, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay at our Comfort Inn, Bloomington. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the maintenance and service issues that you experienced. Customer reviews are an excellent training opportunity, please be assured that your comments have been shared with our staff and the specific instances have been addressed so that they do not happen again.
We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Bloomington area, you will stay with us again at the Comfort Inn.

Revenue Manager, Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Auburn, Indiana
Reviewed September 9, 2010

The person at the at the desk was doing something at a computer behind the desk and didn’t want to be interrupted. He let me wait for 2 minutes before he finally decided to ask what I wanted. He rushed me through the registration as fast as possible and was back on the computer. I went past the desk several times that evening and he was always on the computer and didn’t care at all about the guests.

The area in front of the check-in desk had many spots from people spilling drinks or something and tracked in dirt and late the next morning it still hadn’t been cleaned up. The room behind the check-in desk had a door leading to the hall open and the room was "filthy". It had trash (snack wrappers and wadded up paper) and what looked like cloths laying on the floor. It literally looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. I have never stayed in a Comfort Inn that I didn’t like until this one.

The breakfast was very good but I wondered about how clean the kitchen was and if it was safe to eat. There was even a young boy taking all the fruit out of the bowl playing with it and putting it back and no one to ask him to stop.

I won’t be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Arrived 8/6/10 @ 4 pm. We had 2 roomy double/queen rooms next to each other for 2 nights. Found both rooms tidy, but clearly not vacuumed; then quickly noted the comforters in 1 room had what appeared to be urine or like spots on both comforters; then looked more closely at the bedding & found a black hair on a pillowcase and couldn't be sure the lines were fresh; the toilet was moldy around upper ring; & there was a white hair on the mirror in the bathroom. The second day the tub wasn't even wiped out. I needed to move the nightstand to plug in my sleep apnea machine & found old food debris & paper behind the stand. In the other room we could see the beds were made, but the linens didn't appear to be fresh. I pulled back the sheets and it was clear from the small particles of dirt between the sheets that they had not been changed. Found a bright red blood spot on one pillowcase. In the toilet was brown matter, at first I thought feces, but it may have been coffee grounds, but it was there. The floor had not been vacuumed either. I let the front desk know & a housekeeper, Melanie, cleaned both rooms and washed the comforters--she is a GEM! I suspect the hotel has a "contract" cleaning service as I saw young kids helping out in the rooms & probably only has 1 staff housekeeper. The front lobby had coffee pots & hot water for tea for guests, but it seemed they were always empty. The breakfast was good, but again, you had to ask for food to be refilled (waffle batter, strawberries, cream, coffee). The front desk folks couldn't be nicer. Upon checkout showed the Sun. Mgr. the pillowcase with blood, had written down what Melanie verified & re-cleaned in the rooms, showed a picture of the food debris that I took with my cell phone, & the Mgr. dismissed my concerns with a simple apology--never even offering to make things right in any way. I know the hotel was sold out due to some girls national baseball tournament, nevertheless I've always had "clean" accommodations at Comfort Inns. This wasn't a buy for the senior rate of $116 +tax in my book & may be due to having a contract cleaning service.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
chatham
Reviewed August 6, 2010

i was in indiana for a volleyball tournament and loved my room. it was quite nice and very comfortable and clean. The staff were all very helpful and the manager went out of his way to accommodate us. thanks for the great service and a great stay. i hope to go back sometime.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
marilyn1714, Owner at Comfort Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your stay at our Comfort Inn, Bloomington, IN. We are pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations during the volleyball tournament, the staff was proud to hear your comments during our most recent staff meeting.

We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you visit Bloomington.

Mount Vernon, Indiana
Reviewed May 19, 2010

Very hectic weekend for us, staff did an outstanding job taking care of us and maintain the establishment. Very Plased. Randall did an outstanding job making sure room dates were right during the reservation process.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review after your recent stay at our Comfort Inn, Bloomington, IN. Guest comments are an excellent training tool, and you can be certain that Randall was very pleased to hear yours about the customer service he provided.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Bloomington.

New York
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I switched to this hotel after a bad experience at another place in town. The service was amazing! Jeremy, the man who checked me in at the front desk was kind, attentive, and incredibly accommodating. (If someone at the hotel is reading this, he deserves a raise!). I was checked into a clean room, with a comfortable king size bed. My stay here was relaxing and I even had a complimentary continental breakfast complete with eggs and bacon the next morning. (Which Jeremy was in charge of overseeing in addition to his front desk duties). There is a very small fitness room with a couple exercise bikes and elliptical machines. The service alone would be reason enough for me stay at this hotel again, but all around, I was very pleased.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
marilyn1714, owner, revenue manager at Comfort Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, March 29, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your stay at the Comfort Inn, Bloomington, IN. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and received excellent service.
We take great pride in our hotel and hope that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Bloomington area.

Revenue Manager
Milwaukee
Reviewed November 24, 2009

We recently stayed at the Comfort Inn in Bloomington and I must admit that the experience was less than stellar. We knew that we would be arriving late so I gave them a credit card number to secure a late arrival. I was told that once we arrive and showed our AAA card, the discount would be applied. Well, in theory that works but when the clerk has no clue how to do it, it doesn’t work. We ended up paying full amount.

On top of it, the room we received was the closest to the lobby and breakfast area. And like many other reviewers had said, the walls are paper thin. To say the least, it was not a quiet room or conducive to sleeping. It was very disappointing after a long trip to begin with.

The continental breakfast was fine but the inability to get my AAA discount and a good night's sleep made this not worth the money paid. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family