“Service was excellent!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“Service was excellent!”
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I switched to this hotel after a bad experience at another place in town. The service was amazing! Jeremy, the man who checked me in at the front desk was kind, attentive, and incredibly accommodating. (If someone at the hotel is reading this, he deserves a raise!). I was checked into a clean room, with a comfortable king size bed. My stay here was relaxing and I even had a complimentary continental breakfast complete with eggs and bacon the next morning. (Which Jeremy was in charge of overseeing in addition to his front desk duties). There is a very small fitness room with a couple exercise bikes and elliptical machines. The service alone would be reason enough for me stay at this hotel again, but all around, I was very pleased.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
marilyn1714, owner, revenue manager at Comfort Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, March 29, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your stay at the Comfort Inn, Bloomington, IN. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and received excellent service.
We take great pride in our hotel and hope that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Bloomington area.

Marilyn Edwards
Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Milwaukee
Reviewed November 24, 2009

We recently stayed at the Comfort Inn in Bloomington and I must admit that the experience was less than stellar. We knew that we would be arriving late so I gave them a credit card number to secure a late arrival. I was told that once we arrive and showed our AAA card, the discount would be applied. Well, in theory that works but when the clerk has no clue how to do it, it doesn’t work. We ended up paying full amount.

On top of it, the room we received was the closest to the lobby and breakfast area. And like many other reviewers had said, the walls are paper thin. To say the least, it was not a quiet room or conducive to sleeping. It was very disappointing after a long trip to begin with.

The continental breakfast was fine but the inability to get my AAA discount and a good night's sleep made this not worth the money paid. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank espj
Indianapolis Indiana
Reviewed October 1, 2009

We chose this hotel because of a great internet rate. The staff was friendly and helpful. This hotel is very clean. It had to be one of the cleanest hotels we have ever stayed in. The rooms are nicely decorated and large. The walls seem to be extremely thin, being able to hear every conversation on either side of us and up and down the hall. At times it sounded as if the other guests were in our room, not very pleasant at 3 in the morning to hear yellng and banging on doors. There wasn't any way of turning the a/c fan on to help drown out the noise.

Obviously, the rude patrons never were taught how to act when not at home. No manners!! We probably won't stay here again since we couldn't drown out the noise.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fatherpo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Other than a very loud AC unit, and a pretty small standard king-bed room, this was an okay stay. The beds are comfortable. The bathrooms plain but clean. The staff are not overly friendly, not a single hello or good morning from any one. The selection at breakfast was marginal. Lots of hallway noise and nearby street nosie.Ample parking. It is not really within walking distance of the center of the IU campus. There are no restaurants within walking distance, so a car is a must. Likely would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TRV_1957
Western Springs, IL
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I stayed here with my husband and two other family members while my son attended a camp at IU. We found a special summer package on the internet for $109 which included discount coupons for businesses including restaurants. We enjoyed going to the Oliver winery and Grazie Italian restaurant using the coupons. The breakfast at the hotel was good, especially the waffles that you make yourself, juice , fruit and bagels. The rooms were very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I got a great night's sleep.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank gypsy3617
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed June 30, 2009

I stayed at the Comfort Inn for three nights with my daughter for her IU college orientation. I chose this hotel based upon the many positive reviews here, and it was a terrific choice. Very clean, comfy room with nice bath, good location, good breakfast, and friendly staff who are helpful. Originally, I thought the hotel would be within walking distance of IU campus since they say it's just one mile away, but the distance seems farther along major roads that don't encourage walking. So going to IU involves driving and finding a place to park on campus or downtown. The Comfort Inn staff warned me that Bloomington is serious about parking tickets, and he was right since I saw the parking police checking the lots everywhere.

I definitely recommend the Bloomington Comfort Inn and look forward to staying there again. This is a well-run hotel that is much better than other Comfort Inns I've seen.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank chessie3315
Chicago
Reviewed June 15, 2009

My husband and I were in town to visit family and decided to stay at the Comfort Inn. We were very suprised to see how nice and well decorated the rooms were. They were very clean and the beds were so confortable. You know you just don't always get the best sleep in a strange bed, but I just felt like I was at home with the pillow tops ( I sneeked a peek). Although the hotel is on the north side of town, it took just 4 minutes to drive to the square and down to the heart of campus. I was really impressed at how nice and helpful the staff were, as well as the manager. I think his name was Jeremie. I just wanted to say that this hotel is a diamond in the ruff.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple