“Terrific stay at Comfort Inn Bloomington, IN”

Comfort Inn Bloomington
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Terrific stay at Comfort Inn Bloomington, IN”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was planning a visit to my daughter in Bloomington IN and have never been to that area. I wanted to stay close to her home and picked the Comfort Inn. It turned out to be a great choice. I had been driving for 16 hours and was happy to finally get to my hotel at 9:30PM. Amanda at the front desk was wonderful. She was upbeat, friendly, professional and efficient. This hotel is safe, clean and my accommodations were excellent and the mattress was superb. The next morning I met Michael, the GM, who made me feel welcome and treated me as if I were family. He could not have been a greater host. My overall experience there was extremely positive and I will surely stay there again when in the Bloomington, IN area. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to or through Bloomington, IN.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
marilyn1714, Owner at Comfort Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay with us, as our guest feedback is very important to us. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations, we were pleased to see that we did just that. We appreciate that you chose our hotel when visiting Bloomington for the first time, we hope to always be your hotel of choice in the area.

Owner/Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Blue Earth, Minnesota
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Tracey at the front desk was wonderful! Very friendly and informative. Highly recommend biscuits and gravy for breakfast.
Handy location to IU. Clean room. Good water pressure in shower. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
The entire staff, in particular Tracey, were very pleased to read your kind comments. We thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with others.
We hope to see you again very soon.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Came here to visit my brother who attends IU. Overall, I would say the hotel is "average". Rooms appeared to be somewhat recently redecorated but the carpet was dingy and worn, and there were a lot of dust bunnies behind chairs and nightstands. Bathroom shower could use updating as well.

Cleanliness was, meh. Sheets were stained in multiple areas. The fitted sheet on the bed kept popping up, revealing a dirty mattress underneath (covered partially by a 1/4" thick "pillow top"). The mattress zipper at the head portion of the bed was not zipped. Not impressed by the bed.

Front desk clerk was too busy on her cell phone to relay our request for late housekeeping to the housekeeping staff, so our room was not made up until our 3rd day of the stay.

Fitness room is reasonable- an elliptical, treadmill and recumbent bike and a Universal weight machine (which was very nice). No solution to clean the equipment with other than hand sanitizer, which was fine at the time.

Hot breakfast was standard: store-bought pastries, yogurt, waffles, coffee, hot chocolate, juices in a machine, etc.

Fortunately, we got a reasonable rate for a Thursday-Monday (Sunday night rate was the most reasonable and fortunately it wasn't a football weekend).

Location was FANTASTIC. Average hotel overall, which served the purpose for us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
marilyn1714, Owner at Comfort Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay, as our guest feedback is important to us. It was disappointing to read about the housekeeping issues you experienced, we are working hard to fine tune our inspection process, so this experience will not be repeated.
We were pleased to see that our location perfectly suited your needs, and we hope to see you the next time to come to Bloomington to visit your brother.

Munster, Indiana, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and i went to visit our daughter who goes to IU in B-town. We had never stayed at Comfort Inn before, but the Union was booked. My husband reserved a room online, and when he printed the receipt, we saw pets were welcome! We got to take our new dog to meet our daughter! Never could have done that if we stayed at the Union! Taylor was at the front desk when we checked in. She was very friendly and an IU student too. The following morning when we checked out I had a question about reservations for graduation in May. Jackie was not able to answer my question, but she was so kind and friendly. She got Teresa who was able to tell me graduation was and how to get a reservation. The room was nicer than the Union. We had a free breakfast that consisted of high-quality food. (I don't know who did all the cooking, but I would like to say Thank you and great job!) The bed was super comfortable. The internet was easy to log onto. My dog was welcome. I do not see myself staying at the Union anymore. Thank you Comfort Inn!

Room Tip: If you are bringing a pet, ask for a ground floor room. We were lucky to have one right by the door...
1 Thank Sandi P
marilyn1714, Owner at Comfort Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We were so pleased to see that you decided to give our Comfort Inn a try on your recent trip to Bloomington to visit your daughter. We were very happy to see that our pet friendly rooms really make the trip special, allowing your daughter to meet the newest member of the family.

We look forward to being your hotel of choice now in the Bloomington area.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I arrived at the Comfort Inn tired and muddy, my company card had declined and it added yet another problem to an already bad day. But Amanda was very understanding and patient as I called my boss to get his card number. She directed me to some nice places to eat and grab a drink and gave me a few drink cards for the bar next door at the Holliday Inn. I returned and she was doing laundry and I thought this was odd sense its usually a housekeepers job. So I cracked a joke about one of her employees slacking off, she laughed and said "At least I have a job". Her positive attitude and help, turned my day around and made it better. Wish more of my stays at hotels were like this. Gave it a three on the other hand, because there were so few channels on the T.V and the Wifi was spotty. Overall good stay though.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
marilyn1714, Owner at Comfort Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing our Comfort Inn when traveling to Bloomington recently. We were very pleased to read how the service that you received from Amanda truly made your stay memorable.
We look forward to being your hotel of choice in the Bloomington area.

iIndiana
Reviewed October 10, 2013

First time at a Comfort Inn, have usually stayed at Hampton Inn. But had friends going with us that were concerned about rate. Signed up for Membership with Choice Inns, and got a great rate. Surprise they have a great place in Bloomington In. Rooms were great clean and beds were good. Have a connection to Holiday restaurant and bar through inside hallway.
Overall great place, give them a call

Room Tip: beset is second floor on the North side, open to pool area and no noise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
marilyn1714, Owner at Comfort Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We were so pleased that you chose our Comfort Inn on your recent visit to Bloomington. You will be happy with all the value you will receive as a Choice Privileges member. Thank you for your kind comments, and for sharing your experience with others.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was recently in Bloomington, IN for a business trip and stayed at the Comfort Inn. The Staff was excellent and super helpful all around. The room was nice the bed was super comfortable and clean but, Amanda, Teresa and Taylor at the front desk stole the show for this visit. These girls were amazing and even took the time to chat with me, giving me meal and shopping options and discussion when I returned. The manager Michael was accommodating and helpful when it came to specialized things I needed for the trip. The gentleman doing housekeeping (Derek and Leroy) were very kind and the room looked very nice. Thank you all for a wonderful visit to your town!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
marilyn1714, Owner at Comfort Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
How rewarding it was for the staff to read your kind comments, we thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at our Comfort Inn in Bloomington with others. We appreciate the particular mention of the service that you received from Amanda, Teresa, Taylor, Derek and Leroy, as we value our guest feedback.

We hope to be your hotel of choice in the Bloomington area.