“Wasn't terrible but...”

Comfort Inn Bloomington
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Immediately as I was pulling up to the hotel I was turned off because there is a dumpster with trash piled up high. As I went in the girl that checked me in was delightful. She was very welcoming and sweet.

The room was not terrible but not my favorite either. The beds were amazing! It was probably more comfortable than my bed at home. The room size was average. The room was clean except there was mold on the shower curtain. The bathroom was terrible. It had this weird sliding door that was heavy and hard to slide. And I don't understand why anyone would ever design or purchase the tubs. How anyone could take a shower in this tub and be comfortable, I don't know? The bottom of the shower goes down into a v shape. So you have to stand on the sides of your feet and try to balance yourself. I can't tell you how many times I almost fell out. I probably would not stay again just because of the bathroom.

• Stayed: June 2013
marilyn1714, Owner at Comfort Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay with us, our guest feedback is very important to us. We were pleased to read that you found the beds to be very comfortable and the staff to be both friendly and professional. We are very sorry that you found the bathrooms not to your liking, and that you felt uncomfortable.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Was here with for a job for 2weeks and I thought this hotel wasn't going to be good, but it surpassed my expectation! Beds where super comfortable, and breakfast was awesome. Thanks to Djuana, Shamond, and Tracey for their services and help!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
marilyn1714, Owner at Comfort Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

We sincerely appreciate your kind comments, and thank you for sharing your feedback after your extended stay with us.

We hope to be your hotel of choice in the Bloomington area.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Stained sheets, hairs in bed, stained toilet, mold spots on curtain, food crumbs, locker room smell - if this is what you want in a hotel room than this is the place for you. Enough said. Only positive- front desk staff very understanding that we were switching hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues that you experienced at our hotel, as we strive each and every day to exceed our guest's expectations. Your comments have been shared with the entire staff, please know that every effort is being made to ensure this type of experience is not repeated.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I wound up staying at the Comfort Inn after booking a room through Hotwire (we thought we'd wind up at the Hampton Inn, but... SURPRISE!) and got an incredible rate... $75 per night. The hotel is very easy to get in and out of, and is quite close to campus. You can see the top of the football stadium from the hotel. The room was pretty nice, or at least nice enough, although a bit rundown... no flat screen TV, a rip in the blackout curtain which allowed light to come in, and paint that was chipping off the bathroom door.

I did use the fitness room the first night. Apparently, there is some guy who lives there and gets onto the treadmill and walks at a snails pace. While I don't want to sound judgmental, I do find that he was tying up the equipment in the fitness room and at the personal computer in the lobby.

Also, the breakfast (complimentary) was barely edible. The powdered eggs were just plain gross. I guess we got what we paid for.

I will say that the concierge at the desk was extremely friendly and very helpful. For the price, it was just fine for 2 nights. But it wouldn't be my preference if I returned.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay with us, the entire staff has read your feedback and are working hard to improve the issues you mentioned.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again when traveling to Bloomington.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were driving from Wisconsin to Tennessee and got as far as Bloomington, where we decided to rest for the night. We sat in the hotel lobby and I made our reservation through the main Choice Hotels website in order to participate in a promotion. I glanced too quickly at the automatic dates that first populate the arrival/departure fields, and assumed that they applied to the current day. Unfortunately, after I completed the reservation, red warnings popped up on the screen. The first advised me that the 24-hour cancellation window for arrival on the NEXT day was no longer available and the second stated that the hotel would not even be able to view this reservation until the next day. I took my laptop to the desk clerk and showed her what I had done. Miss Amanda McKenzie corrected my mistake with the utmost professionalism and she did it immediately. I was so relieved. She also gave us two free beverage tickets for the lounge in the adjacent Holiday Inn. Our room was comfortable and the bed was perfect. The only improvement could have been in the breakfast. The scrambled eggs were on the "sturdy" side, the sausage patties were not warm and there was no decaf coffee, but I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the elevator and ice machines.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, as we sincerely appreciate our guest feedback. We were very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay as well as the service that you received from the staff.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to the Bloomington area.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was there with a swim team from Canada. The hotel was wonderful. Teresa,Djuana and Shamond went way out of there way to accommodate us. Always a smile and so friendly. Hotel was clean and the breakfast was good. Job well done.
Joe Edwards

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your kind comments, we were very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to be your hotel of choice in the Bloomington area.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was the least expensive ($99) hotel I could find without going to the motel category. My thing is that is doesn't cost much to be clean and there were many areas that weren't as clean as they should be - the white bedspread had small areas of blood stains and unknown bodily fluids and dirt, there were foot and hand prints on the headboard and many other areas that looked unclean. I asked for a new comforter with a $5 tip to the housekeeper and got a new one but it was also stained and dirty looking. The water pressure in the shower was great but the drain was slow so you immediately were in standing water and it took a while for it to go down so the next person could use it. The tub had a strange V shape slant to it so it really made you feel unsteady when showering. The bed pillows weren't the normal size but were all throw pillow size. Serving breakfast was a plus, typical hotel breakfast food. My husbands biggest complaint was that he couldn't watch the Pacer's because of the lack of channels on TV (no TNT network).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jill S

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay with us, as our guest feedback is very important to us. Please accept my apologies for the issues you encountered, the entire staff has read your comments and is working hard to ensure this type of experience is not repeated.

We hope you will consider staying with us again, and give us another chance to exceed your expectations.