“I Am Embarrassed..............”

Ranked #5 of 361 Restaurants in Bloomington
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Walnut St.
Reviewed April 29, 2012

.....to think I have lived in Bloomington for forty-six years, and I have just experienced the amazing Samira for the first time! My hubby and I were out Friday night hoping to find a place that wasn't crazily busy, and we stupidly assumed that Samira could not possibly have a crowd, so we would try it! Surprise, surprise! The place was packed, and the waiter said it was a slow night! We've never experienced Afghan food until then; it was delicious. The white linens on the tables, the very professional wait staff, the quiet dining room, and the food - to die for. It was obvious we were dining in an International setting - probably mostly university folks - and what a treat. The prices were so reasonable for the quality and quantity. The wine list was fine, too! Now we are going for lunch to check out the buffet and try more new foods! If you are looking for quiet, classy, tasteful presentation, and first-rate food, give Samira a try!

1  Thank Charlene A

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I'm vegan, a habitual diner and I work in two local restaurants. I tend to lean toward the compassionate end of the scale when it comes to visiting restaurants. For some reason, in the 4 years I've spent in Bloomington, Indiana, my first visit to Samira came late.

Great buffet for lunch. The place looks a bit dark from the street. At first notice you'll see traditional touches of linen table cloth and water glasses on the tables, but don't be intimidated, the lunch brunch caters to a more casual set.

As for the food, I wanted more variety for 2 laps worth of food, but the seasoning and Afghan fare was so delicious, I had to have the same thing twice.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

This is one of our favorite Bloomington restaurants. The food is the best Mediterranean in town and the staff is great!

Reviewed April 8, 2012

The restaurant looked very clean and like a fun place to eat. It has the best lamb in town so if your looking for a place and in the mood for lamb, this is the place to be. The menu has a great variety and would gladly come back really soon

Reviewed March 31, 2012

We really like the food here. A wonderful lunch buffet (but always the same).
Great rack of lamb for dinner. Very tasty food and very nice people running it and working there. We like it so much, we had them cater a large party for us.