“Best meal ever”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Ingredients prepared and combined in ways you never thought of, and all off-the-charts delicious. Expensive and worth every penny. They'll take any dietary restrictions into account and make it perfect for you. Very knowledgeable staff, eager to please. Don't miss it!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We went here for our 27th wedding anniversary. We also took our son and his girlfriend. We had a great time, and the food, service, and ambiance were outstanding. The portions are on the smaller side, but the quality and creative combinations make this one of, if not the best fine restaurant in Bloomington.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The service is superb at this small Bloomington restaurant, and the atmosphere is light and airy. The food is delicious--but what really impressed me was the continuity in each dish. The flavors complemented one another so beautifully: seared halibut with crispy skin and a sauce of creamed cabbage with chopped gold potatoes and corned beef; strips of succulent pork with breaded sausage and lemony collard greens; rhubarb cobbler with cream cheese ice cream. The flavors worked perfectly together.

The amuse-bouche of rabbit liver and pepper jelly was playful; the house-cured charcuterie was spot-on. Even the rolls were fresh and inviting, obviously baked from scratch.

A surprising, inspiring meal. We'll be back.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We took a friend to Tallent to celebrate her 50th. When you go to this restaurant, you expect to be wowed... and we were not. It was still impeccable service and great ambiance (though those chairs are way less than comfortable), but the appetizers and dinners were just okay that night/that menu. But Chef generally has an incredible menu, interesting specials, and I find myself eating things I never thought I would.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were able to score a last minute reservation by being wait listed. Apparently it was a big IU graduation and the restaurant was solidly booked. I was disappointed when we arrived that we would have to choose between a set menu. The servers were clearly overwhelmed. We have dined here 4 times and this was probably our spottiest service, but favorite meal!. I ordered the white bean soup with herb puree as my first course and was extremely underwhelmed. My husband ordered the arugula salad with goat cheese and green goddess dressing. It was delicious! The arugula was crazy fresh and crisp. For the entree I ordered the chicken breast over polenta with goat cheese and spinach and was blown away. The chicken was perfectly prepared and the sauce that went over it was incredible. I was so pleased! My husband ordered the strip steak over the potatoes robuchon (although he doesnt eat potatoes due to dietary restrictions) and loved his as well. The highlight of the meal was dessert. I had the pineapple upside down cake with cherry ice cream and caramel sauce and WOW! The server was kind
enough to ask the chef to prepare a cheese plate for my husband due to his no sugar diet and they happily accommodated him. This really meant a lot to us. I love Tallent and glady drive 1:15 to dine there! It's really lovely and the wine prices are great. Thanks!