“Love it!”

Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I stay here when I am on business in town and I love it. Clean, spacious rooms with everything you need. Great staff and a cracking breakfast. Would thoroughly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
MikeCampbell, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

Thank you for your recommendation! It sounds like you have stayed with us many times and that is the highest compliment you can give us and we truly value it. Please let me know the next time you are in town, I'd love to meet you and thank you personally.

Reviewed June 24, 2011

Stayed there for 5 days while visiting family there. Staff is exceptional and very helpful. Room was very spacious, and clean. Location can't be beat if you want to be close to downtown activities and University. Nice coffee service down in the lobby. Breakfast buffet pretty average but good. Parking garage located right next door and was $5.00 per day. Parking card for garage didn't work half of the time had to constantly ring for assistance. Would of given a higher rating but elevators take a long time only 2 for a six story hotel so when everyone is checking out in the morning the wait is long. Water pressure was almost nonexistent. But overall very nice Hilton to stay at.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I was happy to hear your stay with us was both pleasant and enjoyable. This morning I passed along your comments to our housekeeping and front desk team members. They do a great job and strive to always deliver on great service and a clean room. Next time you stay with us, look for the fresh pastries we are adding to the breakfast buffet starting in July. Based on your comments about parking, I have also spoken with the garage manager today your pass not working consistantly and what would have caused this. It sounds like a glitch in the system. I appreciate you letting us know.

Reviewed June 10, 2011

I just returned from an overnight stay in Bloomington, where I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown. It was a PERFECT stay. I have stayed in many hotels across the country at this price point, and I have never had a better hotel experience. The staff was friendly and helpful, and were right there to provide the toiletries that I had forgotten from home. Everyone from the people at the front desk, to the people that cleaned the rooms, always had a smile on their face and said hello. The room itself was spacious and very clean. The location was absolutely perfect. An assortment of restaurants and shops are within steps of the hotel. I will never stay anywhere else when I visit Bloomington, and I will highly recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
MikeCampbell, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write! Downtown Bloomington is so convenient and walkable and we love being a part of it. The next time you're in town please let us know, we would love to take care of you again.

Reviewed March 21, 2011

This hotel is located in the heart of downtown Bloomington,the staff was very friendly and the accommodations was awesome! If you are traveling to Bloomington and want to be in the heart of downtown, close to restaurants, shopping and the nightlife, you cannot beat this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TimelessIndianapolis
MikeCampbell, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

Perfect! Thanks for the thumbs up. I'm glad your stay in Bloomington was a good one. Please let us know the next time you're in town. We'd love to take care of you again.

Reviewed March 19, 2011

Newer hotel with clean rooms and great service. Sports bar in hotel was great option. Very close to University and downtown restaurant options. What you expect from Hilton garden inn as business traveler. Will stay here next time.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Mike_ATL100
MikeCampbell, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It was great to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. Bloomington is a great city and we look forward to you come back to visit!

Reviewed March 6, 2011

My husband and I travel to Bloomington several times a year for both business and a quick get-a-way to enjoy an event at IU's Jacob's School of Music. We have stayed at the Hilton 4 or 5 times and always found it to be very nice with an excellent staff. We made reservations several weeks in advance and when we arrived to check in at 3PM we were told it would be 'a few minutes' until our room was ready. The check-in person also suggested we might want to 'go find something to do' while we waited. We had hoped to freshen up and relax before we went out to eat and to the opera so we elected to wait in the lobby. After 30 minutes I asked when our room would be ready and received a curt 'pretty soon'.
We finally were given the room key at 4:05. When we got to the 6th floor the hallway was piled with bags of linens that we had to move to open our room door. They were still there at 7:15. The room was OK. It was apparently next to a fan or blower that ran constantly and was very noisy. No problem if you like the ambience of a subway running next to your room. The room was clean. A gesture of goodwill.. say free parking or a breakfast pass would have been sufficient to make up for our unexpected wait and the mess outside our room. Oh well.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

I appreciate your comments and that you took the time to share with us. Clearly your last stay with us was a dissappointment for both of us. I remember the day you described. We had a sports team that checked out late that put us well behind what we anticipated from a housekeeping standard. Frustrating certainly, and not our best impression to a valuable guest. I apologize. We'll make sure we do much better the next time you are in town. I have taken your comments to the team and the next time we are presented with a similar situation wel'll do better.

Reviewed February 22, 2011

This is a typical Hilton Garden in that it is very clean and the staff goes out of their way to help you. The location is perfect for walking to many downtown attractions and Indiana University. The parking garage is a little bit of a hassle, but is safe and the best you can expect for a downtown location. There is nothing really included in the price of the room so we felt it was a little over priced ($200+/night). A better value for the money would be the Hampton Inn which is just as clean and friendly and you get breakfast and good parking for a lower rate. But, again, this hotel is the best for being downtown among all the action where you don't have to worry about driving anywhere or parking.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
MikeCampbell, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2011

Thanks for your review of our property! I was glad to hear your stay was comfortable, friendly, and clean. Bloomington has such a great downtown area with it's various eateries and shops and the energy is just plain fun! Two suggestions on breakfast: 1. Gold and Diamond Hilton HHonors members do get breakfast included in their rate if they choose - so if you haven't joined our frequent stay program it's a great benefit, 2. We do offer a breakfast included rate which is discounted from the normal breakfast price with the same hot cook to order breakfast featuring our famous omelets. Hope to see you next time you're in Bloomington.