“This is a Find to Share!”

Holiday Inn Express Bloomington
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Saint Louis, Missouri
“This is a Find to Share!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

What a nice surprise! The location of this hotel is located among restaurants and other businesses but seems a world away once you enter their lobby. The presence of so much lovely wood made me feel like I had booked at a property much higher on the “star” scale. I would recommend this hotel to anyone in the area, especially parents visiting students. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and updated, service at breakfast in the morning was wonderful. I could have lingered in the breakfast room a whole lot long and enjoyed more coffee but I had to be back on the road. I would recommend this property without anything negative to say.

Room Tip: My room faced the parking lot but I didn't hear one bit of noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank EnjoyTravelAlways
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments after your recent stay with us. We were very pleased to read that you found the hotel location perfectly suited your needs, and that you enjoyed the accommodations and all the hotel had to offer.

We sincerely appreciate our guest feedback, and look forward to being your hotel of choice in the Bloomington area.

Owner/Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Naperville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for a college visit to Indiana U. This property was the nicest Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at. I am a super picky person and I do not have one bad thing to say about this property. Easy check-in/check-out, great rate (I booked online), friendly reception, spacious, well-appointed guest room, spotless, great beds, WONDERFUL bathroom, fabulous FREE breakfast too. (Note: they even had salsa for scrambled eggs!!) We arrived really late so I didn't get to use some of other amenities such as the pool/gym but they looked nice.

It is a very short drive to get to the IU campus and I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 409 - nice location right off the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lynne0503
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind comments. We value our guest feedback, and were very pleased to read how enjoyable your stay was. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations, it is very rewarding to see that we have been successful.

We look forward to being your hotel of choice in the Bloomington area.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I am frequently in Bloomington and due to full booked hotels I tried several hotels here already but it is the first time that I staid over at the Holiday Inn.

The Hotel service is good. I got upgraded to a roomy Suite. They provide 4 days/week dinner for free. The room is clean and to my surprise, housekeeping works really very well here. It was just once happen their forgot to replace Shampoo. With this attitude they are far ahead compared to housekeeping of the other hotels in town.
A special thanks to them and to Julie at the front desk.
She impressed me with a very calm, friendly, organized and knowledgeable attitude.
What is a bit annoying if you need to transfer stuffs fast or even only want to watch a video online, the WiFi Internet connection is simply too slow for it.
It's not due to my configuration since I used different Laptops, iPhone and iPad.

Well, I staid here 19 days and I got to use it meanwhile but I really recommend to Europeans, if you stay longer here, be aware of it that the B'fast is every day nearly the same, not fresh and the juice contains more water than fruit but this is very common for the Holiday Inn Hotel Chain so no complain.
The air condition and heating works well but what Europeans should keep in mind, the air is very dry, you can't get fresh air to sleep since the windows are dummy proved, means, you can't open them.

Other than that, the most of the staffs are very friendly and helpful. I needed to extend my stay twice and it was taken care of it in a very professional manner.
Even the necessary room key extension was done by them right away, without that i needed to remind them on it.
One day there was a Tornado warning at 1:30am but the front desk kept the overview and collected the people into the tornado shelter.

I would recommend that place and consider next time to return to the Holiday Inn here in Bloomington, IN
Thx to all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay with us, as our guest feedback is very important to us. We were very pleased that you enjoyed your extended stay at our Hotel, and found the staff to be helpful and friendly throughout your visit.

We hope to be your hotel of choice in the Bloomington area.

tn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

My son (age 17) and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Bloomington, IN for 3 nights for a music clinic held at Indiana University. Both check-in and check-out were super easy. The front desk staff were very nice. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable. The best part of the hotel was Diana in the dining room. She was a DELIGHT and a JOY! Met every person every morning with a smile on her face (even when some people weren't so nice to her). And the food was great! Would definately recommend this hotel and will stay there again if my son chooses Indiana University.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay with us. Our guest feedback is very important to us, we were very pleased to read how much you enjoyed the accommodations and the service you received, in particular from Diana.
We hope that should your son choose Indiana University, we will be your hotel of choice in the Bloomington area.

Newburgh, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed in a 2 queen bed suite that included 2 queen beds and a pullout couch. The rooms were nicely divided; the sitting area was extremely comfortable with its own TV as was the Bedroom. The staff is extremely friendly and very helpful. One person that has to be mentioned is one of the Staff Members that was on Breakfast duty, her name is Diana. I can't say enough about her. She was very enjoyable to be around, courteous, professional, and fun. She is a huge asset to this hotel and she will definitely brighten your day. I want to take this opportunity to say thanks to Diana and the rest of the Staff for a great stay. We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 4Harps
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments, we sincerely appreciate our guest's feedback. It is our goal to exceed our guest's expectations, it was very rewarding to read that we did during your stay. Diana, in particular appreciated the mention of the service she provided. We are very lucky to have staff members such as Diana that care deeply about our guests and strive to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

We look forward to your next visit.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

The king bed was a good bed. We always take our own pillows.
The room was clean and the breakfast was good.
Easy to drive to campus and field house; not walkable.
We stayed on 2nd floor near elevator but it was quiet.
Good number of chanels on TV; also games but we are not into that.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for posting your comments after your recent stay with us, our guest feedback is very important to us. We were pleased that you enjoyed your stay, found your king room to be comfortable and have all the amenities that you needed.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the 2 queen suite. We needed the extra bed space for 2 teens. It has 2 queen beds and a pull out couch. It also has a desk with a chair, 2 larger comfy chairs, 2 large TVs, game cube, mini refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, iron, hair dryer, night stand and 3 small tables. The staff is friendly. The decor is nice. I felt it as a good value. Go IU!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for posting your comments after your recent stay with us. We were very pleased to read that your queen suite suited your needs perfectly, with all the amenities that your family needed.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Bloomington.