“Great room for a family of 4”

Holiday Inn Express Bloomington
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the 2 queen suite. We needed the extra bed space for 2 teens. It has 2 queen beds and a pull out couch. It also has a desk with a chair, 2 larger comfy chairs, 2 large TVs, game cube, mini refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, iron, hair dryer, night stand and 3 small tables. The staff is friendly. The decor is nice. I felt it as a good value. Go IU!

• Stayed: December 2012
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you for posting your comments after your recent stay with us. We were very pleased to read that your queen suite suited your needs perfectly, with all the amenities that your family needed.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Bloomington.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Bloomington

Reviewed December 14, 2012

The Sales coordinator,Julie Carter, and the breakfast lady,who also works the managers reception,Miss Diana,all i can say is, they are are a true asset to this wonderful place to stay! I just wanna say thanks for making it a merable one, cant wait til we come back!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

We sincerely appreciate your kind comments, in particular regarding the service that you received from both Julie and Diana. It is our goal to exceed our guest's expectations each and every time, it is very rewarding to know that we have been successful.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I travel for a living and can honestly say that I have never felt more at home in a hotel in 2 years that i've been traveling weekly. Miss Carter, and the Front desk staff are warm and welcoming. The managers reception and hostesses (Miss Diana especially) that take care of you are wonderful. Where can you go and get home cooked meals Monday through Thursday that taste just like Mamma made it? The housekeeping staff (Miss Violet) are so very sweet and even had a Christmas Card on my bed when I came "home" from work. They make your stay feel like a home away from home and that is so very nice when you are away from home for weeks at a time.

The hotel property itself is warm and inviting. It happens to be Christmas time during my stay and the lobby makes me want to curl up in my Pj's and have hot cocoa in front of their lovely fireplace and Christmas tree.

All in all....the most lovely hotel I've visited in a long time. Affordable, and just plain NICE! GREAT Job to these ladies and gentlemen that have taken such good care of us this week. Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your kind comments, we value our guest's feedback. We were very pleased to see that you thoroughly enjoyed the Manager's Reception we offer in the evenings, and that our staff service exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to your next visit, and hope to remain your hotel of choice in the Bloomington area.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Bloomington in mid-October. I will say that we got what we paid for. We had a king suite as we took our kids and wanted a private area for them to sleep in. The room was large although not what I would call a "suite"- that being said- it's a Holiday Inn. Floors and carpet were pretty worn- almost dirty- I wouldn't let my kids walk around barefoot. Bed was comfortable, the pull-out was a pretty thin mattress, mini-fridge in room worked fine. The hotel offers a free buffet breakfast which is nice, the the kids were happy with the indoor pool. There aren't too many nice places to stay in Bloomington- I would say this one was "fine". I thought our stay at the Hampton Inn last year was nicer- rooms were cleaner and more updated. You get what you pay for, right?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for posting your comments after your stay with us in October. Our goal is to exceed our guest's expectations each and every time, and I do not feel like we did that during your stay with us. We hope that you will consider staying with us again. If you choose to, please contact our General Manager-Dawn Crawford- directly and she will personally take care of your reservation and see that all your needs are met.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Lobby is gorgeous, comfortable, inviting. Rooms is large, clean, comfy bed. Refrig and microwave. Mon-Thurs they have a Manager's reception- the first night was minestrone soup, salad, french bread and dessert. Beer and wine were complimentary. Very nice! Front desk staff were very nice and helpful. WiFi is slow, only downside, esp if you need it for work.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments, we were pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay, in particular the nightly Manager's Reception.

We know there are many choices in the Bloomington area, we hope you will continue to choose our hotel.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel several times since JUL 11. I would rate it as a 5 star with the mangers reception and the employees that hostess it, as well as all of the other wonderful things they do for their customers. As an example, last December one of my business trips through Bloomington, IN. ended me in the ER where I was discharged to go home (the Holiday Inn Express). I still felt pretty bad upon entereing the hotel and Diana came to my rescue and made sure I was fully taken care of to get to my room. Her and several other employees always make me feel welcome, help with with whatever I need and show complete professionalism throughout it all. I would recommend this hotel to ANYONE.

Room Tip: book by internet at least 2 weeks prior to travel to get your choice of room. I enjoy the juccuzi su...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your comments after your most recent stay at our hotel, as well as your loyalty. We are very lucky to have a wonderful staff that truly cares about all our guests, thank you for your mention of Diana in your comments.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was my first trip to Bloomington and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express.

The property is well maintained and staff is extremely attentive. All staff I came in contact with was pleasant and asked if they could do anything to make my stay better. The front desk welcomed me upon arrival and when asked offered multiple suggestions for dinner with personal recommendations.

The rooms are nicely appointed with a great work space. Bathrooms are large, spacious and clean.

The hotel is easliy accessible from 37/45. Plus, various restaurants within walking distance and an AMC movie theater three blocks away. The hotel offers free breakfast and an evening reception with food and wine.

If you're planning a trip to Bloomington, make this your first and only choice.

Room Tip: Rooms overall are fairly quite. If you're concerned about highway noise, ask for a room not fac...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your kind comments, we value our guest's feedback. We were very pleased to read that our hotel's location perfectly suited your needs, that you found the room to be both clean and comfortable, and that you received excellent service from our staff.

We strive to exceed our guest's expectations each and every time, we look forward to your next visit.