“Excellent pizza and service”

Lennie's and the Bloomington Brewing Co.
Ranked #3 of 361 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by my most recent visit to Lennie's. The beer was outstanding, the pizza was fabulous, and the service was great. My only complaint is that the food is rather pricey - $15 for a pizza seems kind of expensive and you get a much better value at places like Mother Bear's. This being said, Lennie's is still a great option for lunch and dinner in Bloomington.

_Mike_Fox_1979, General Manager at Lennie's and the Bloomington Brewing Co., responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Hi Martin W--

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I appreciate your kind words and am happy to hear you enjoyed the beer, food and service.

Cheers!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

At 10th and the Bypass this is an off the beaten path treasure. Their made to order pizzas and unique sandwiches are always delicious.

_Mike_Fox_1979, General Manager at Lennie's and the Bloomington Brewing Co., responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Hi THWanderer--

Thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant and for your support.

Cheers!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

During the regular IU semester Lennie's can be very crowded. The food is good, well above average for the area, but really not worth the stress of the crowds. Wait until vacation times or the summer to visit. They serve a range of beers and a rotating special menu featuring both common and uncommon holiday themes.

If you like their pizza it is basically what Pizza X serves so don't bother going to the restaurant merely for the pizza. Go instead with friends to hang out and enjoy the other food but don't plan on a lot of good business conversations because even doing vacations and summer it will be loud.

_Mike_Fox_1979, General Manager at Lennie's and the Bloomington Brewing Co., responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Hi thetammyjo,

Thanks for taking the time to review our business! Summertime is a wonderful time in Bloomington...and it is just around the corner. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

One of the best restaurants in Bloomington. Sandwiches, salads, entrees, house brews. I've never had anything at Lennie's that I wouldn't recommend.

Hi Nmk3,

We are flattered! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for your support, we truly appreciate it.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I work on IU campus, and simply due to its convenient location, I often eat at Lennie's for lunch with co-workers. (I eat there ONLY if necessary as part of a group.) While I agree with other reviewers that they serve decent food, I keep having frustrating experience with their staff.
A server once spilled water on my back, but she or other staff who witnessed it wouldn't help me clean up (such as bringing me a towel), but one of them just pointed at their lady's room as I stood up from my seat!
When I went Lennie's last time after making a reservation, they didn't reserve a table for us. It took an hour until we were finally served our lunch. What was most frustrating was that no one was apologetic about their mismanagement.
Because of the location and quality of food, this restaurant is always crowded, but I cannot stand the unprofessional service/attitudes I often observe while dining there. Trained servers would definitely make dining experience more pleasurable at Lennie's.

_Mike_Fox_1979, General Manager at Lennie's and the Bloomington Brewing Co., responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Hi Chirchan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm really sorry to hear about your experiences with our service. I can certainly understand why you would be frustrated based on the two experiences you cited. I would feel exactly the same way.

We set very high standards for ourselves in terms of service and hospitality. We have fallen extremely short with you. I would like the opportunity to make this right. Please email me at mfox@bloomington.com or call my cell at 812-360-5593 if you would be willing to give us another shot.

I appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback. We always endeavor to improve our operation and without feedback it make the task that much more difficult.