“Siam House Bloomington”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2014

It's been a few weeks since we ate there. I remember the food as being some of the best Thai we've eaten recently. The waitress seemed new and unaccustomed to what went with what. This after she brought me a bowl of sauce that was to have gone with my entree. This old converted house has been a Bloomington staple for many years. I recommend it highly.

There are newer reviews for Siam House

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Atmosphere was nice. It wasn't busy so we had some privacy. Thai beer was good. Beyond that, I can't say many positive things about this place. The glass the waiter brought me was dirty, like it hadn't been washed! The waiter tried down playing it and he was way to eager for a tip on a slow night. The seafood dish I ordered was barely warm....not authentic Thai food by any stretch of the imagination. My fiancee is Asian and while trying to be nice, she simply couldn't eat a 1/4 of her meal. Funny, but the only Asian in the place was my fiancee......shouldve been a clue to go somewhere else

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice dinner for four starting with vegetarian dumplings and chicken satay appetizers recommended by our server - good choices. The Tom Kha soup was enough to feed the whole table even though ordered for one - it was good. We had four different main courses - Pad Thai with chicken, Kua Gling (sautéed veges), Yum Naam Toke (assortment with sliced chicken and pork), and Him-ma-paan with shrimp -- all tasty. The Pad Thai was too spicy for my wife and our waitress immediately took it back to the kitchen and came back with a new tamer version. Food and service was good, and we were surrounded by Thai artifacts.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

There is a great selection of food for Vegetarians and Vegans. The lunch buffet is a great way to test out dishes and see which are your favorites. It's by far my favorite Thai restaurant in town.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Good variety of vegetarian and meat dishes. Salads are good as well. We enjoy their curries as well as the sweet and sour soup. The tofu is also a favorite of ours. Only wish they had brown rice also!