“The food was bland.”

Cuisines: Thai, Tibetan, International
United States
“The food was bland.”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is a cute little restaurant located in an old house in the Kirkwood District of Bloomington, Indiana. The area is filled with ethnic restaurants since this is a college town , the home of Indiana University. The service was friendly and helpful and the restaurant offers Tibetan, Thai and Indian cuisine. Since it is a Tibetan restaurant we wanted to sample the Tibetan dishes. My companions had Kham Ando Thugpa, a hearty stew that I found to be hot but not flavorful. I ordered the Sha Balay, described as pan fried dough patties filled with seasoned ground beef and yellow onion. What I got was a plate of dough patties with one sliver of beef inside, no spice, no onion... no flavor. The entrée came with a choice of soup or salad and both we extremely small portions. I thought the prices were a bit high for what you were served, the stew was $9 and the dough balls were $8

• Visited March 2014

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh, homemade Pan-Asian food”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Delicious and fresh variety of Tibetan and Indian food. Cozy. Welcoming and friendly service. All the curries are great. My absolute favorite are the momos and yellow curry.

• Visited April 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Excellent, excellent food.”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This place offers Tibetan, Indiana, and Thai foods, and makes them all VERY well. They are a bit more pricey for the amount than Siam House, right across the street, but if you're looking for something new, I hihgly recommend it.

Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
“Superb”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My favourite thai restaurant of all time.. Miss the yellow curry very much.. haven't eaten a better yellow curry anywhere else in the world.. I want it's recipe real bad.. love it

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good food”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I have been out of town for a bit, so it was nice to be back and have some good food at Little Tibet. I typically get a curry dish. This last time there was more sauce and less veggies. I like the sauce, but I also want lots of veggies. I'll keep coming back for more.

• Visited May 2012