“Great Food for a Small Price”

Anyetsang's Little Tibet
Ranked #21 of 349 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: Tibetan, International, Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bloomington, Indiana
“Great Food for a Small Price”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

The menu at Little Tibet is filled with wonderful meals from Southeast Asia including Thai and Indian dishes whcih are excellent. The curries are great as are the dumpling dishes and rice dishes. Lunch is an especially good deal where you can get an entree plus a salad or soup for under $7! And if you are lucky you might just see Richard Gere or Harrison Ford there when they are in town for a visit by the Dalai Lama.

York, United Kingdom
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

4th Street in Bloomington is one of the best streets for food in any city, and LIttle Tibet is one of the highlights. Our group sampled two Tibetan dishes, Mo Mo and Phing-Sha, and both were delicious, while the Pad Thai was also very good. Dinner servings were large, and preceded by both soup and salad (with a delicious ginger dressing). I can only assume that things have changed since some of the previous reviews were written. Wine is on offer, for example, although beer is not. The server was informative and helpful, the service was just quick enough, and the small restaurant is charmingly decorated. We'll be back with other family members next weekend.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank Ispahan1
Atlanta, Georgia
“I eat here every time I'm in Bloomington”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Every time I visit Bloomington, I make it a point of eating here. I love the thick hearty noodles, especially nice to eat on a cold winter day. The staff is very friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. You can request the level of spiciness that you want. It's different from other Asian cuisines, but just as wonderful.

• Visited July 2011
Poland, Indiana
“6 of us ate here, 1 of us was pleased”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

6 of us ate at this restaurant. I like Snow Lion and was told this place was better. I don't think so. Although the wait staff was very attentive and food was served at a great pace, the food was just average at best. Nothing at all spicy or really flavorful. Mo Mo and Mo Mo Cha Cha it was really bad. The stuffing is so plain, the flour is thick, and it's just completely tasteless. I was really upset we had chosen this restaurant. So were my friends. We like great interesting tastes when we go to ethnic restaurants and we were all very sadly dissappointed.
Only one person in our group was happy because she loves the Thai Tea. It's very very salty and buttery. Way too salty for most to enjoy (maybe in Tibet it is great) but the several who tried it were repulsed.
Overall, the service and price were okay but the food was just not exciting, not inventive, not flavorful and, ultimately, not very good. We'll go back to the sister restaurant, Snow Lion, next time.

• Visited July 2011
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“No alcohol”
Reviewed October 25, 2009

We intended to have dinner there but they do not serve any alcohol. I think the reviews should mention this. We were sorry to leave, but we prefer to have a glass of wine with a meal. So, we did not have dinner there. I'm not sure if this counts as a review!

2 Thank halltab