“6 of us ate here, 1 of us was pleased”

Anyetsang's Little Tibet
Ranked #24 of 345 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: Tibetan, International, Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Poland, Indiana
“6 of us ate here, 1 of us was pleased”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

6 of us ate at this restaurant. I like Snow Lion and was told this place was better. I don't think so. Although the wait staff was very attentive and food was served at a great pace, the food was just average at best. Nothing at all spicy or really flavorful. Mo Mo and Mo Mo Cha Cha it was really bad. The stuffing is so plain, the flour is thick, and it's just completely tasteless. I was really upset we had chosen this restaurant. So were my friends. We like great interesting tastes when we go to ethnic restaurants and we were all very sadly dissappointed.
Only one person in our group was happy because she loves the Thai Tea. It's very very salty and buttery. Way too salty for most to enjoy (maybe in Tibet it is great) but the several who tried it were repulsed.
Overall, the service and price were okay but the food was just not exciting, not inventive, not flavorful and, ultimately, not very good. We'll go back to the sister restaurant, Snow Lion, next time.

• Visited July 2011

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“No alcohol”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2009

We intended to have dinner there but they do not serve any alcohol. I think the reviews should mention this. We were sorry to leave, but we prefer to have a glass of wine with a meal. So, we did not have dinner there. I'm not sure if this counts as a review!

2 Thank halltab
IN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Worst food I ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2009

Horrible, horrible food! We chose tibetan food on the menu, "Mo Mo" and "Mo Mo Cha Cha", it was the worst food I ever had, the stuffin is so plain, the flour is thick, and partially raw when it is serverd, and we had to wait at least half an hour for the food to come.
They also have Thai and indian food on the menu, but if I want to have Thai/indian food, then why do I bother to go there???

1 Thank hadiasmile
Bloomington
“A Bloomington Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

Easily the best Tibetan restaurant in town (by the way, is it not awesome that we have more than one to choose from?). The food's great, the service is superb, and the prices are incredibly reasonable. Not the ritziest place in town, but I find the ambience quite pleasant.

1 Thank BrownJulius
Calgary, Canada
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2008

When you walk in you are hit with the great smells coming from the kitchen. The menu is diverse (Thai, Tibetian, Indian) and quite varied (both meat and veggie options). The price is great and most dishes include salad AND soup. Everyone in our group really enjoyed their dishes.

1 Thank Biogeog