“Just the right place for walking to all that interests us!”

SpringHill Suites Bloomington
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed July 19, 2014

So glad we stumbled upon this great downtown location hotel in Bloomington! It's situated in a perfect spot to easily walk to just about anywhere we choose in Bloomington! The decor is very modern and welcoming as is the staff. The farmer's market on Saturdays is just behind the hotel and the town square with all kinds of restaurants and shops are just down the street! With parking a bit of a hassle with all the rapid growth in Bloomington, parking your car in the hotel's garage for $7 is well worth it! One word of advice, if you book on Hotels.com, go to the hotel website to make sure there is not a lower rate offered like one for Seniors 62 and older or AAA rate. I was able to have Hotels.com refund me the difference since they guarantee the lowest rate yet do not offer the Senior or AAA rate the hotel offers!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank OD4VT
SHSBloomington, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

I am absolutely thrilled to read your review of our hotel! I have to admit, I am also a fan of our location (especially Saturday mornings with our proximity to the delightful farmer's market!) and I am pleased that you also enjoyed our parking and staff.

You bring up an excellent point about checking our rates. Due to the Marriott Rate Guarantee, you are actually always guaranteed to get the lowest price by booking through us directly instead of using a third party vendor. However you decide to book is a-okay with us though; we're just glad to have you! I hope we can welcome you back to Bloomington soon, and thank you so much for your review.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were in town for my daughter's wedding and overall, it was a very good hotel. Very clean. Very professional front desk personnel. Two issues: (1) Parking is very limited, especially at night. We were able to park on the street Saturday night, thanks to the front desk employee. (2) They put a "welcome bag" from my daugther in their Lost and Found and it took them a day to locate it. That being said, the team really worked hard in finding that Welcome Bag since it had items commerating the wedding.

It's a very busy hotel. Need to be patient when waiting at the front desk and at breakfast.

Overall, Very Good!

2  Thank GolferGuyPGA
SHSBloomington, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled that you chose the SpringHill Suites for your special event. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed our cleanliness and staff service. I sincerely apologize for the confusion regarding the welcome bag and am SO happy that we were able to resolve it. I genuinely hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to Bloomington- have an excellent weekend!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The staff was super friendly as soon as we walked in and were so helpful with all of our questions. The room was very clean, with a good view of Bloomington and a really nice TV. By far the nicest hotel bathroom I've ever seen! I felt right at home the whole time I was here.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kbrizz
SHSBloomington, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel! It was truly a joy to host your weekend in Bloomington and it sounds as if you got to experience all aspects of our new hotel. I am absolutely thrilled to read that you felt at home here- that's our entire goal! Please let me know when you return to Bloomington as it would be my pleasure to reserve your suite myself!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

A lovely room in a new hotel, close to everything we needed to visit on the IU campus. From check-in to check-out, every single staff member we encountered was friendly, helpful and available, especially Connie and Olivia. The hotel has only been open for 3 months, so everything was spotlessly clean and smelled like new paint and carpet. I felt like I was sleeping in a model home! A lovely lobby area with a small area that sells snacks and sodas, among other items. A full bar open until 11 pm and lots of cozy places to sit and talk. The breakfast was delicious and the assortment of available items was exceptional for this type of arrangment. Real oatmeal with lots of toppings, fresh fruit, eggs and sausage and make-your-own-waffle-mess on the weekends, equally delicious options during the week (absent the waffles). Parking, although an additional cost, was convenient in a busy part of the city. The hotel is walking distance to the Sample Gates and a quick, straight drive to the campus and some great restaurants on Kirkwood Avenue.
If I had one teeny issue in the room we stayed in, it's that the bathroom doors are double panels of frosted glass, and directly across from the beds. As I was sharing the room with my husband (who gets up in the night) and my freshman daughter (who takes lots of time with her evening go-to-bed ritual), I found that I was awakened a few times by the light shining into my face. I might also suggest that there be a few more wall hooks placed in the bathroom. There was one hook but with three of us using towels there wasn't really anywhere else to hang them but back on the towel bar, folded, where they remained damp. On the subject of towels though - these were the fluffiest, fullest towels I have ever experienced in a hotel - maybe because they're all brand new!
Bottom line - I would recommend this hotel, and will plan to stay there again over the next four years. Assuming I can get a room after all these great reviews!!

2  Thank ourvan
SHSBloomington, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you so much for both staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. The greatest compliment we can be paid is your return visit, so we certainly appreciate your kind words. I am especially impressed you noticed our fluffy towels because that is one of the first things I noticed about this hotel as well! I have passed on your feedback to the entirety of our leadership team. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were attending a track meet at IU and found this to be the perfect place for us.

Close to IU? Check. (even walk-able for a football game)

Close to Downtown Bloomington for bars and restaurants? Check.

Clean hotel with great service? Check.

Free breakfast that is actually edible? Check.

Even with the place sold out and full of youth track teams, the noise level was never loud, there was never anything "empty" at the breakfast buffet and parking was always available (park in the outside part - it's actually closer to the lobby).

Every employee we encountered was helpful, friendly and had a smile.

Not sure if I'll ever be back to Bloomington but if I do, I know where I'll be staying!

Room Tip: Ask for high level floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your glowing review!!! We have to admit, we might be our favorite hotel in Bloomington too. I am thrilled that you got to enjoy our location, breakfast, and most of all, staff service. I certainly hope you return to Bloomington- we'll be honored to be your host!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed for 8 days and charged for parking on all days. Not a problem, other than we only needed to use our key to get into the garage for three of the eight days. On top of that we were told the parking was included on our room bill but were charged separately.

Our first day there we were checked in and settle into the room before the room was inspected. Our trash can was not emptied and the shower was very slippery we had to put a shower mat down just so we didn't fall.

The complimentary breakfast was surprisingly good and the staff was amazing.

1  Thank Ostrab
SHSBloomington, Manager at SpringHill Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Hello! Thank you so much for posting a review about your visit to the SpringHill Suites Bloomington! We could not be more delighted to hear your positive comments regarding our breakfast and our staff and look forward to sharing all feedback with the team. I do want to apologize in regards to the billing error you encountered with the parking. Please reach out to me directly at 812-337-7772 or email me at cathleen.hennessey@whitelodging.com as I would be more than happy to adjust any incorrect charges off of your bill. As the housekeeping manager, I take your comments regarding the issues you experienced in your guest room extremely seriously and would like the chance to make it right. The comments you provided will help to ensure that we are checking these critical details in the room so we may provide the best experience for our guests. I look forward to hearing from you soon and rectifying any troubles you encountered during your stay. Thank you!

Cathleen Hennessey

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Great hotel. Nice rooms, beautiful lobby. Parking garage was a nice plus. My only complaint is the lack of sound deadening in the bathroom. You can hear everything going on in the bathroom...
The hallway window by room 535 could use a cleaning. We will definitely be back. Great value.

1  Thank T H
SHSBloomington, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, parking, and value. Additionally, I can assure you that the window by 535 has been cleaned many, many times since your last visit. :) Who could help but to gaze out that beautiful top floor view of College Avenue though? I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Bloomington! As always, if there is anything we can do to make your future visits more comfortable or memorable, please do not hesitate to let us know!