“Bloomington's Finest !”

Ranked #2 of 354 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Mother Bear's, we have established ourselves as an icon of the Bloomington, IN community and welcome many students, alumni, and local residents into our restaurant every day. Customers are welcome and encouraged to bring a Sharpie to your name on our wooden booths. Our unique dining environment also features an eclectic collection of local art. We are best-known for our traditional pan pizza but also offer sesame-seed thin crust and deep-dish options. All three choices are made with our homemade dough! Not in the mood for pizza? We also offer crisp salads, hot sub sandwiches, wings, and pasta dishes. To complete your meal, try one of our warm, homemade brownies. Ordering for carry-out or delivery? Try our most popular deal: the Munchie Madness! A 10” one-topping pizza, an order of breadsticks or cheese bread, two homemade brownies, and a 2-liter bottle of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Dr. Pepper, or Mountain Dew, all for $12.95! We also serve beer and wine with many selections from local breweries. We are consistently named the Best Pizza in Bloomington by Indiana Daily Student Poll, and People Magazine named us one of America’s Top Nine Pizzarias! Whether you're new to Bloomington or just stopping for a visit, please stop by to enjoy what we have to offer!
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Mother Bear's Pizza is simply the finest pizza experience one can have on or near the Indiana University campus. There is a reason that more people (especially IU alumni) drive more miles for the taste of their pizza. The pizza experience is simply that good.

I encourage you to try a side order of the chicken wing as they are a well kept secret. Very meaty and tasty. Mouthwatering. Grab a stack of napkins - you will need them.

Dine-in or carryout - the service is friendly and prompt. Nice selection of beverages. The prices are reasonable.

1  Thank Robert W
Mark H, General Manager at Mother Bear's Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Wow, the finest pizza experience on campus! Thank you so much, Robert. As a life long member of the B-Town community, I'm honored to know you're willing to drive more miles just for our pizza.

Hope to see you back again soon!

Take care,

There are newer reviews for Mother Bear's Pizza

Reviewed April 10, 2013

It is not often that I can report not only on great food, but also on the great atmosphere I experienced in a restaurant. This place has that great campus town energy. Just the right amount of noise and closeness. The energy comes in large part from their excellent wait staff. Very efficient, but willing to answer questions. The Dixie Two-Step pizza I ordered was the best chicken BBQ I've ever tasted. The Greek salad with house balsamic vinaigrette was heaven. I would drive far out of my way to eat here again!

Mark H, General Manager at Mother Bear's Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. It's nice to know you think we have the same great energy as the rest of B-Town. We want all our customers to have a fun time dining with us. I'll be sure to let the staff know you appreciated their friendly and helpful service.

Hope you get a chance to visit again soon!

All the best,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Mother Bear's Pizza is the best pizza around. It was good 20 years ago when I went to school there, and I recently went back for a visit and found it is still the best! They have expanded and increased the size of the restaurant, and the pizza is just as good if not better than before. It is well worth stopping in if you are in town. Be prepared for a wait if you are there during dinner time or a game is going on. The pizza is square and has the sauce on the top for an added touch. It is cooked to perfection. The pesto cheese bread is a new addition and is excellent.

Thanks so much for your review. I'm thrilled to hear that even after 20 years, you still think we have the best pizza in B-Town. Hope you get a chance to visit again soon!

Best,

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great pizza and very good service. Darn good prices as well. Just barely off campus, so grab yourself a beer and a cheap (but good) pizza!

Thanks for recommending us! Next time you're in the mood for pizza and beer, be sure to stop by!

Take care,

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We got a takeout pizza. It's a special where you get a large pizza, 2 liter soda and brownies for a special price. It was the best pizza I've had in years. I just wish I could go here more often.

Mark H, General Manager at Mother Bear's Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Wow, the best pizza you had in years! Thanks so much. Hope you get a chance to order from us again soon! - Mark Hajduk, General Manager

Been to Mother Bear's Pizza? Share your experiences!