“Great All Around Choice”
Review of Malibu Grill

Malibu Grill
Ranked #12 of 361 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was visiting Indiana University with my daughter and we were considering our dinner options. It was a Sunday night and we decided to walk down Kirkwood Avenue. Kirkwood Ave has a lot of your fast food options and a good choice if you want a quick meal.
We were hoping for a nice sit down and decided to walk toward Courthouse Square at Kirkwood and Walnut St. where you eating options are a step above. Several suggestions we were given were Simera, Grazie and Malibu Grill. They are all close to each other so we decided to check out each one before deciding. Both Simera and Grazie had only a handful of diners. Malibu Grill on the other hand was packed. We took that as a good sign and went right in. We had a short 10 minute wait and were seated. The waitress was very friendly and helpful throughout the meal. The menu has a great selection of a variety of dishes in all the categories, including a pizza and salad section. The beer selection is nice as well with a couple of local beers included.
After making our initial selection, we were notified that some of the items were sold out. Evidently a very large group had come in the night before and caused the current shortage. It would have been better to have known that when we sat down. After reviewing the menu I decided on the Chinoy Chicken Salad (having eaten meat the night before). It was excellent, reminding me of the Wolfgang Chinois salad. The local beer from Upland Brewery was exceptional as well.
Overall we were very satisfied and would go back again.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband, son and I went to Mailbu for brunch during I.U. freshmen parents weekend. Got there right when it opened, and other than an attractive greeter with a poor attitude (it was only noon afterall....) we really enjoyed it. I had an excellent salad (that I've tried to re-create at home) with maple balsamic dressing. My son had a burger and my husband s sandwich. Very good food overall, and sitting outside on the patio on a warm September day was bonus!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've eaten at Malibu a few times a year for the last 8 years or so. It has been my standard go-to restaurant for the last few years. I don't really find much exceptional here, but the food is consistently good at a price I find fair for it. I especially like the Lime Chicken Fettucine. The menu has enough diversity that everyone can find something that they will enjoy.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Average ok place for food on the main square in Bloomington. Not known for tackling complicated dishes but what is available is mostly cooked well.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The food was overpriced for what we got. The pasta was over cooked as was the couscous. Not that it upset me to much but they did lose us on the waiting list and had to remind them we had not been seated, they did get us seated quickly after that. Just wasn't impressed.