“Go to this Hibachi house!!!”

Domo Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #132 of 352 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Had the hibachi. I have had hibachi in many cities and many restaurants, these guys do it right. Delicious, good show, good value. Ignore any of the bad reviews, they don't know good food. If you like good spice and good entertainment, go here.

There are newer reviews for Domo Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I get the steak and chicken hibachi, you get a full ny strip and a full chicken breast. I also order sushi, shrimp tempura, love it. $20 a plate and its worth it, and you'll have leftovers.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We like to go to Domo for both the sushi and the hibachi. The show for the hibachi is not near as good as most Japanese places but the food is good (especially the yum-yum sauce), but you pay high price for the show, I wish their cooks were more interactive. As for the sushi, it's really tasty. A bit hard to eat as the rice is not sticky enough. Try their Dragon or 007 if you like spicy sushi, it's quite nice.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We wanted a sushi lunch before heading back to Chicago. This place came up in search but when we drove up it didn't appear open. However my daughter was intent, tried the door, and although empty, they were open. The 10 inches of expected snow was obviously keeping the staff and customers away. But he opened the sushi bar just for us and made us some of the freshest and best rolls we've had in a long time. The miso soup was also great. When they could just as easily told us they were closed we are grateful they chose to serve us and we will absolutely be back next time we are in town.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The pest control guy arrived as I was paying my bill (2009). Being the last two lunch guests the staff had locked us in so as to keep others out. The Orkin man began spraying around the sushi bar to may amazement. None of the sushi/seaweed/rice etc. was covered!! I almost vomited. How disgusting. I will never return.

1  Thank Snotnosepunk