“Good food over priced”

Janko's Little Zagreb
Reserve with OpenTable
Janko's Little Zagreb is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 363 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 6th & Morton
Description: Janko's Little Zagreb is the place for the best steaks in the Midwest. Located at 6th and Morton in downtown Bloomington, Indiana, Janko's Little Zagreb has been the home of tender, thick, daily cut steaks and an impressive selection of fine wines and beer for over 25 years. Open Monday through Saturday for dinner, Janko's Little Zagreb also serves excellent fish entrees and top-notch St. Louis-style barbecue ribs. Vegetarian meals are also available. Reservations are accepted and encouraged, and the atmosphere is casual and lively.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The food is good and portions are large. It is an average steakhouse but one of your only options in Bloomington.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We determined that Little Zagreb's has the best steaks ever. Huge steaks that you can share. Great service!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I'd heard about Little Zagreb for years (my husband is an IU alum. and has always raved about it) before actually going there.
It totally lived up to its billing.
Excellent food, great Wisconsin-supper-club atmosphere (sorry, that's my own term of reference) and good service .
We'd reserved for 10 people and at the very last minute they squeezed two more at our table even though it made the wait staff working conditions serving us rather camped.
WILL return!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was hesitant to go to Janko's since I did not know anything about it . However, I was pleasantly surprised at the entertaining atmosphere and friendly staff. I met some interesting characters there. and that is a place I look forward to visiting again during my next visit.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Janko's is a very unassuming restaurant in Bloomington, Indiana. If you were to drive by it, you probably would not even notice it.................and it IS on the right side of the tracks..........(railroad tracks run north & south on the west side of the street in front of the building).

Inside are many tables with red & white table cloths. The walls are covered with Indiana University posters, schedules, etc. A high percentage of them feature Indiana's basketball notariety.

BUT............don't be deceived....................their steaks are as good as it gets.......I love the porterhouse..............cooked to your specifications. AND...........be sure to order a side of sauteed mushrooms...........they are pretty good (although, in my opinion, they were even better 10 years ago).

Their wine list is also something to consider, especially with a good steak............they have a good selection and many choices are fairly priced.

We make the drive to Bloomington several times a year because we prefer their fare to anything we get in Indianapolis and their prices are in line.