“Delicious and speedy”

Ranked #4 of 361 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Uptown Cafe has been a Bloomington landmark since 1976. We serve Breakfast, Weekend Brunch, Lunch and Dinner. We are also known for our beverage program - serving fine wine and spirits, and craft beer and cocktails.
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Dined for lunch - ordered Louisiana hot pepper chicken-awesome! Would definitely order this again. It was accompanied by Mac & cheese-also awesome. It's sometimes hard to find great Mac and cheese in a restaurant-there's is a good. Also sampled salmon wrap-very good. I recommend this restaurant and will dine here again when in Bloomington. Cheers.
Carpe diem!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My first visit to Uptown Cafe was a good experience. I ordered the spaghettini alfredo with chicken and it was very good...but it could have been hot, it was a little cool, not quite cold but certainly not hot. Hubby had the gumbo which he said was very good as well.

Kind of disappointed there was no bread or anything with the meal? I saw other tables getting baskets of bread but we never did. I guess we should have ordered the garlic bread from the appetizer menu. Our server seemed a little frustrated that we were not ordering any alcoholic beverages, she kind of rolled her eyes when I finally said none of us were drinkers. She wasn't the most pleasant server I have ever had...definitely not on the friendly side. Very, very business-like.

We did have the blackberry cobbler for dessert, which she recommended, and it was delicious. Friends had the cheesecake, which they said was good as well.

I would like to go for breakfast or brunch! Love the atmosphere. A little over-priced but we expected it.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We love this restaurant for special occasions or just meeting with friends. I've never had a bad meal at Michael's. The Mesclan salad with salmon is a favorite.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

This was the first time for two of us in our party of three to eat at the Uptown Cafe. We will definitely go back. The food was excellent, the service was prompt and courteous, and our server was knowledgeable about the bar offerings. We each ordered something different, and all were exceptional... not run-of-the-mill fare that is often found in small towns. Be sure to try the Mac and Cheese!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The etouffee is divine. Great service. Quiet and tastefully decorated. Try the Guinnes with a shot of espresso!! Mississippi Mud Cake was the crowning touch.

Been to Michael's Uptown Cafe? Share your experiences!