“Good 5 years ago, but don't waste your time”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Snow Lion - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Snow Lion
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Tibetan
Bloomington, IN
“Good 5 years ago, but don't waste your time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2009

I use to love The Snow Lion when I was a freshmen in college 7 years ago. It has since gone far downhill. The last time I went there was 2-3 yrs ago to take a friend new to town out to lunch. The restraunt was dingy, service very slow, and the food only okay. I could have made a much better dish in my kitchen. The spicyness of the food is also inconsistent. You can order on a 1-5 scale. I consistently ordered 3's which did not taste like they had any spice in them at all, so one day a friend and I ordered a 5 so there would be some kick. Turns out that it was so hot we could not eat it and even had to dump sugar packets on our tongues. When we informed the waitress that the meals were inedible she made no attempt to correct the situation or offer to have the chefs make us a new dish. Friends of mine also went there for a dinner and one of my friends felt the chicken was tough and chewy. When she finally moved the one lamp on the table closer to her dish she saw that her chicken in fact was not cooked at all and pretty close to raw. Again wait staff did nothing about the fact that their cooks were serving raw chicken to guests. There are much better Asian restraunts close by to try, go to Mandalay or Little Tibet. If you go to Snow Lion the only things worth eating are the homemade salad dressing and the tea.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Owned by the Dalai Lama's family, but the food is lousy...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2008

Owned by the Dalai Lama's family, but the food is lousy...

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“One of my favorite restaurants ever. I always look forward to a visit whenever I return to Bloomington. Also helps...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2007

One of my favorite restaurants ever. I always look forward to a visit whenever I return to Bloomington. Also helps that the Dalai Lama's nephew owns it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good food, but a bit pricey for a college town.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2007

Good food, but a bit pricey for a college town.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Owned by cousin of the Dali Lama. Authentic Nepal Food, its amazing.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2007

Owned by cousin of the Dali Lama. Authentic Nepal Food, its amazing.