“Always Try to Eat Here When Visiting Bloomington”
Review of Trojan Horse

Trojan Horse
Ranked #17 of 349 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: American, Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
IL
“Always Try to Eat Here When Visiting Bloomington”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is my favorite place to eat when I'm in Bloomington. I love the gyros and hummus sampler platter. Have tried a few other items on the menu, but always go back to the gyro and hummus appetizer sampler. Living in a small rural town in southern IL, I never have the chance to eat gyros or good pitas. We usually try to eat upstairs in the bar area. From the other reviews....yes, the parking downtown is not the best, but there are a few lots and a parking garage to use. As far as the rude servers here....NEVER have had that issue. It is crowded on game days, so timing is the key to getting a table and served quickly. Don't miss going to this little gem of a restaurant on the southeast corner of the square.

• Visited November 2012

Fort Wayne, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Gyros”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This restaurant always has friendly service and prompt service. I particularly liked the variety on the menu as well especially the Greek items. My favorite is the Gyros!

Visited August 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The restaurant was extremely busy. Don't try to park...you wont find a spot. After entering the restaurnat we waited for a little while as servers ran by. Finally, someone acknowledged us. After being seated, we were approached by a waitress "Gwenyth" that made it very clear she was not enjoying her night at work. She wasn't outright rude but lacked customer service. We asked that she give us a couple of minutes to look over the menu, so she huffed off. We were seated by a large staircase and our only view was waiters and waitresses running up and down the stairs. The food was definately nothing special...nothing to brag about. The price was steep for the quatinity. We will not return again to this establishment. Not worth the money. We will skip this one and choose another in the downtown area instead.

• Visited September 2012
Herndon, Virginia
“Good food, good atmsophere, great memories”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I loved the Trojan Horse when I attended Indiana University, oh, three decades ago. Wondered how it would it measure up all these years later. Well, it was great as ever. My wife had the good sense to remember the mixed veggies _ battered and fried mushrooms and onion rings (we skipped the peppers). They were heavenly. The gyro platter was great, too. I tried a local lager and was so impressed I had a second. The service was efficient and friendly, the waiter’s voice a dead ringer for Seth Rogen’s. A nice dinner out.

• Visited September 2012
“Rude server”
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Waitress "America" was very rude...no customer service skills. She acted as if we were a nuasance. Probably won't come back again. Taste of food did not compensate for rude server.

Been to Trojan Horse? Share your experiences!