“Surprisingly wonderful!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Was back in Bton for my 30th high school reunion and met up for dinner here with friends. The food was DELICIOUS. Fresh, tasty, interesting - everyone in our group found something they liked on the menu and we were all very happy with our meals. Nice to be able to sit outside on the balcony but it was a bit cramped by the umbrellas which were needed to give shade. Maybe an awning would be a better use of the space? Service was good. Would definitely come back here with my parents and/or family next time.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

It's an offbeat place with a menu to match. You won't see the taste coming and it's all the better for that. Very nice wait staff, but a bit of waiting. The first thing that struck me was the size, however. If you eat inside, you'll be cramped. However, the outside dining area has a set of big heat columns, so it's not so bad out there.

The food is as good as the price, above average food with an above average price tag. The bakery is quite good as well, and there is no wait because it's a counter with premade items.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Heard the sunday brunch was great so tried this place again, despite the lukewarm review I gave it several weeks ago. Sorry to say this may be my final visit to Feast. My husband's dish of shrimp and grits with andouille sausage was terribly salty -- I don't think the chef actually tasted it before serving it. Our small dish of $5 fresh fruit had some nice variety but according to our server, none of the fruit in it was local or organic--despite what the menu says about local organic produce. My eggs benedict "chesapeake" was a little more successful but the components were better separate than in combination. What I received was two perfectly poached eggs and an excellent hollandaise sauce, served on ordinary english muffins, with a very generous helping of good quality crab meat and a thin slice of avocado. Sounds good, right? But the crab was cold -- the chef hadn't bothered to bring it to room temp, so the eggs and sauce quickly lost their delectability, and the cold and the hot ingredients just tasted wrong together. The dish was served with some salad greens and pickled onions. The onions were too strong (and I love onions but these didn't go with this dish any better than they did when they were served to me last time I was here). One success story was in the extensive tea and coffee choices, and the fun we had setting the little tea timer and manipulating the IngenuiTea server (WARNING: get directions so you don't scald yourself--our server should have given more attention to helping us work the brewing device). Our bill was close to $60, which really wasn't commensurate with our satisfaction level. One other quibble is the bill comes with "suggested tips" that are calculated on the amount after-tax instead of pre-tax.

My conclusion from all of this is that the chef is not paying attention to how the components of a dish blend together. The best foodie restaurants I've been to pay as much attention to the blend of ingredients when they reach your tastebuds as they do the plating and presentation. In other words, you can spend a lot of money on top quality, local ingredients and still ruin them.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I LOVE, LOVE this restaurant! I had the best flat bread last night that I have ever had in my life. I recommend going into the restaurant and asking them what is the best item on the menu..I always order that and it is always delicious! It is a bit expensive, but it is completely worth it based on quality..

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This restaurant has a good menu but it is priced about 25% higher than it should be. $10 for a bowl of granola with a few slices of strawberries is highway robbery. While the prices are excessive, they pale in comparison to the poor service. It is obvious there is no training program for employees on customer service, because it is non-existent. On my recent visit there the food for a party of 4 was brought to the table in 3 stages (with the bowl of granola coming last). This after waiting 17 minutes before the server first stopped by the table after we were seated. There was no sugar on the table and I had my food half finished before the server finally stopped by and I could ask for some to put in my coffee. With the food being average and over-priced and no service to speak of, I can only recommend you avoid this place at all costs. Go to the Runcible Spoon, you'll be happy you did.

3  Thank Proathelete