“great service and good food”
Review of Nadia's Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Indonesian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: College Mall Rd
Transit: Bus 9 , 9L and 3W stop in front of Restaurant.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“great service and good food”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Service was outstanding, and party of three had great meals and wine selection was good also.
Occasioned by a lot of IU staff and faculty, so you know it can be nothing but good.

• Visited September 2013

Gainesville, Florida
“We are not going back!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

WE met our friends for dinner here; the venue used to be called The Limestone grill. The lone waiter brought our waters, took my order of Upland wheat beer order and brought a small basket of bread and olive dip. After that he disappeared. After 30 minutes we flagged him down Hong Kong style and asked for another basket of bread and gave him our orders for the main dishes. The menu offers several traditional dishes like rack of lamb, chicken, etc. In addition there were many Indonesian and Thai offerings and we all chose Thai dishes. I chose Pad Thai and our friend Lars commented that it would be hard to muck up Pad Thai. Ha Ha!! After another 30 minutes we asked the waiter the reason for the slow service from the kitchen. He said that there were several tickets the kitchen was trying to complete. What? The restaurant was not full and there could not have been more than 16 covers. After a few minutes we were finally served. Surprise! My dish was so cloyingly sweet that I could not eat it. This was verified by the rest of us who have been to Thailand several times. I sent the dish back and declined to order another. The consensus was that this venue deserved no more than 2 stars for the slow service, bad food and high prices. But the Upland beer tasted good.

• Visited August 2013
alia168, Owner at Nadia's Bistro, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Hello,

As the owner of Nadia’s Bistro, I wanted to take a few moments and respond to your recent review. First and foremost, I want to offer a sincere apology for the service you received here at our restaurant. When you arrived at Nadia’s, you should have been greeted immediately and taken care of. I can assure you, however, that slow and inattentive service is a rare occurrence here. Most of the time, we receive high compliments for our friendly and professional crew of servers. I am sorry that this was not the case for you. If I, as the manager, had been notified of the poor service you received, I would have done my best to make things right for you and the other guests at your table.

With regards to your comments about the Pad Thai, I wish to point out that everyone seems to have differing tastes, particularly when it comes to Thai food, and what one finds too sweet, another finds just right. In fact, practically at the very same moment you sent away your dish, another guest was complimenting the Pad Thai, saying it was the best she had ever had. We find our chef, born and raised in Thailand, to be talented, experienced, and well-equipped for his position. He continuously receives praise for his work, and of that we are very proud.

Again, please accept my apologies for the service you received, and I hope you will give Nadia’s Bistro another try if you find yourself in our neighborhood again. We will do our best to ensure your experience is top notch, as it should be.

Ali Akhras
Bloomington, Indiana
“Certainly one of the best in Btown”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I ate there last week, and everything was great, from the wine to the food and the service. (Our waiter happened to be the owner that night.) I had stuffed flounder, and my husband had an Indonesian curry. Both were excellent, good amount of food with well-seasoned sides. His curry was excellent, heartily-seasoned fare such as you rarely find in Btown. My flounder was, and this is not an exaggeration, cooked perfectly. My husband had a Pinot noir which went well with the food and was a very good wine. We both heartily recommend Daria's Bistro for its food and drink! And, the price for the food and wine was very reasonable.

Visited July 2013
alia168, Owner at Nadia's Bistro, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thanks for giving us a try, and for taking the time to give your positive feedback. We're so glad you enjoyed your experience,It was my pleasure to serve you
and look forward to serving you again. Thanks, Nadia's Bistro
Madison, WI
“A slightly unexpected treat.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

When you first look at the menu, you see all sorts of different kinds of cuisines, which causes me some uncertainty, but I plunged ahead and ordered from the Indonesian part of the menu, and got a delicious stew with lots of character, and some spices that I had not encountered before. The Thai Iced tea was just like it should be (sweet, cream on the top). The bread was fresh and had a good crustiness. The service was pleasant and efficient,and the settings and presentation
was just as it should be.
Overall, I found the dinner a treat.

• Visited July 2013
alia168, General Manager at Nadia's Bistro, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thanks for giving us a try, and for taking the time to give your positive feedback. We're so glad you enjoyed your experience, and look forward to serving you again. Thanks, Nadia's Bistro More
Bloomington, Indiana
“Nice place for dinner”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We just discovered Nadia's when I purchased a Groupon and we used it there. It was quite good with a wide variety of menu options. The wine list was fine and the service was very attentive and helpful. We really enjoyed our apps/dinner and will definitely return there again in the future.

Visited July 2013
alia168, General Manager at Nadia's Bistro, responded to this review, July 14, 2013