“Best coffee in town”
Review of Pourhouse Cafe

Pourhouse Cafe
Ranked #7 of 15 Coffee & Tea in Bloomington
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I grew up in Austria, a country with a rich culture of what we call Kaffeehaeuser ("coffee houses"). American coffee is usually too weak for me and I'm not fond of fancy flavors and overpriced coffee creations. The Pourhouse, however, usually hits the spot and serves a superb brew. I also recommend the cakes - delicious.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

It took me almost six months to find the Pourhouse after I moved back to Indiana University.

Not only is the ambiance better than any Starbuck's or Peet's I have ever been in but the music, Internet access, television screens, and staff are terrific.

The entire selections of hot fresh-brewed coffee are free-trade beans.

There is no tipping. Instead patrons can donate money for third world country charities.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Favorite place to stop for a coffee/treat in Btown. They're a nonprofit organization, so all the profit goes to different groups that need assistance. It's great. Coffee options are vast and cookies, muffins, cakes, and gelto are fantastic.