Suites at 118
Comfort Inn Bloomington(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
$89
ComfortInn
Hampton Inn Bloomington(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
$136
$138
$127
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
SpringHill Suites Bloomington(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
$110
$169
Homewood
$120
Agoda.com
Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
$129
All reviewscourthouse suitefull kitchendowntown bloomingtonboutique hotelliving roomrestaurants and barsgracious hostsideal locationcourthouse squarewalking distancethis past weekendin townfootball gamecomfortable bedmy soncondoaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I reserved the Courthouse Suite and the Wylie Suite for the Saturday night following the Ohio State vs. Indiana football game in Bloomington for my brother and our friends (IU alums and Ohio State alums/fans). The Suites at 118 also has a room that Mark told me is more of a normal sized hotel room with one bed. This room also has a party door that connects to the Wylie Suite (they do insulate the party suite door with foam when two different people reserve the Wylie Suite and the other room). I never did see this "hotel room," but if it is like the suites on a hotel room level, I'm sure it is a winner as well. The Suites at 118 has a nice dorm/condo type of feel when you walk up the stairs and down the hallway to the three different rooms.

My friend was hesitant to stay here because of the price for the night ($375) per room, but he went along since he already committed to going to the game. He happened to be the first of our group to arrive at the Suites at 118 as I was fighting the Bloomington game day traffic grocery shopping for our football tailgate. He was able to get the keys to the rooms and immediately sent me a text message informing me how amazing the suites are at this location. He quickly changed his tune for staying at Suites at 118 because of the rooms and the location (across the street from the Monroe County Courthouse, half a block north of Kirkwood & Walnut). Each suite has one bedroom and a living room/kitchen that is one large room. Because of the design of the building, my eyeball test says the Courthouse Suite has a little more room. The Courthouse Suite is also the only unit that has windows.

Regardless of the window situation, Mark has each room decorated with art work that you may purchase and the furniture is nice as well. The furniture is not for sale. Very comfortable rooms.

From a guy's perspective, the living room in each suite has about a 50" HDTV mounted on the wall with HD cable service (VERY nice touch to actually have the HD subscription... often overlooked in the "hotel" world). The Courthouse Suite also had a similar sized television in the bedroom. The living rooms in the Courthouse and Wylie Suites have a fold out sofa bed couch.

The kitchen has everything you need cooking-wise with a scaled down oven, but a full fridge. Mark even stocks the fridge with craft beers (very reasonably priced at $3 considering hotels often charge a fortunate for a bottle/can of beer), sodas and even has a basket in the kitchen with snacks for purchase.

There is no parking on site, but you are walking distance to parking garages in the area. If you stay during the weekend, Bloomington doesn't ticket on the street starting at 5:00 p.m. Friday through I believe 8:00 a.m. Monday (normally a two-hour parking zone during weekday business hours).

I met Mark as he was outside sweeping the sidewalk when I came back later Sunday because Ieft something behind in my room. I had a great conversation with him for about 20 minutes as he wanted to know what he could do to make it a better stay when really, it already was a great stay for all of us.

Mark and his family live on the third floor of the building (the rooms are on the second floor). Good news, if you are in the Courthouse Suite, the third floor bedrooms are in the back of the building so if you happened to get loud with your group, they probably will not hear you on the third floor. Mark says it was designed with that in mind...

Side note: as far as I could tell, there is no elevator. You need to walk up a flight of stairs to reach the second floor where the rooms are located.

While I'm usually loyal to Hilton properties, the Suites at 118 is too nice to pass up in Bloomington - especially if you have a group of people. Beautiful suites, great location and service.

Room Tip: Stay in the Courthouse Suite.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BuckeyeHoosier
Reviewed December 29, 2012

There are many great reasons to stay at the Suites at 118. The location is fantastic and makes for an easy walk to and from many of the best restaurants and bars in Bloomington. The decor and overall appearance of the property was great as well. Everything was clean and looked brand new. The free Internet and big screen TVs were great as well although we did not have time to use them much. My wife and I stayed in the Courthouse sweet and it met all the hype. I just wish we had been staying for a whole weekend rather than one night. We would definitely recommend staying here and hope to do so again in the future.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rrandall_47408
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The courthouse suite is the nicest room I have stayed in in the last 17 years in Bloomington. Easy access to Kirkwood and the rest of downtown. Loved the art! Very comfortable. Quiet for sleep. Fabulous!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have been visiting Bloomington for over 10 years and after my visit at the Suites at 118 I will never stay anywhere else. The owners (Mark and Abby) will go above and beyond to ensure your stay is top-notch. My fiancé and I stayed at the Suites for our engagement and Mark went out of his way to accommodate our special weekend.

The rooms at the Suites are modern, spacious and luxurious. You will feel as if you are staying in your own condo. The location is perfect for all that Bloomington has to offer - Centrally located and within walking distance to the best restaurants, bars, and other Bloomington favorites. The Suites are perfect no matter the occasion for a weekend getaway or an extended stay in Bloomington.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IndyVinzie
Reviewed September 12, 2012

As a maid of honor in a friend's wedding, I reserved the Courthouse Suite for her bachelorette party. There were six of us staying there and it was the perfect spot! Mark and Abby (the owners) were kind enough to let me in a little early to decorate the room before my guests arrived and fulfilled my requests for extra sheets, an extra key and a pull-out bed.

Suites @ 118 is conveniently located the square in downtown Bloomington, close to bars, restaurants, and shopping. There is even a winery (Chateau Thomas) right below the suites, where we enjoyed a wine tasting before dinner at The Uptown Cafe. All of us loved the space and had a great time! I definitely want to stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends