“Good Experience” 3 of 5 bubbles

HuHot Mongolian Grill
Ranked #49 of 342 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: Asian, Mongolian, Chinese, Healthy
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Spencer, Indiana
“Good Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I really enjoy the experience of the Mongolian Grill style dinner. We ate on the patio and enjoyed our experience. I really liked the egg drop soup as an appetizer. The white rice was not good, because it was "mushy." Otherwise, the staff were quick and efficient. I enjoyed the rest of my meal and was satisfied with the cost of it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Frozen everything”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

If I want frozen food ill get it at Kroger, this was bad, chicken is all dark meat....only tried it once, and it was bad....

Visited June 2013
“FILTHY dishes!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Don't go! When we walked in, the black vinyl bench seats were filthy and there were balls of hair all over the carpet - this was just in the entryway. Got to our table, ordered drinks, and got up to go pick up our bowl to put in what we wanted cooked - looked and the bowls were FILTHY - dried food stuck all over them - one of the girls in our party started going through the bowls on the little table (which was also FILTHY) and there were 32 bowls and EVERY ONE of them had dried food on them. It looked like they'd only gone through a rinse cycle and dry cycle - no wash! She called the manager who came and started going through the bowls - the ones at the bottom were even worse!!! I looked at her and said "I'm going to pass on eating here" and she said the same thing so all of us just went and got our purses and wound up leaving and going somewhere CLEAN! WE DON'T RECOMMEND that place at all! It needed a good scrubbing - maybe that's why they keep the lights so low, so you can't see the filth!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Indiana, United States
“Customer Service and Large Variety”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm not a big asian food lover, it is just a fact but here, if I'm careful, I can find things I like and thus I can spend time with friends.

If you have food allergies there are pros and cons to this restaurant. The grill crew will go to great lengths to keep your food from others so that there is no cross contamination. However out on the ingredients lines I've seen items I am allergi to in the bins for the food I'd like to use. How do you keep this sort of "create it yourself" place going without this risk?

My family loves the soft drink system where you can combine a wide range of flavors to make your drink. I just would like more control over the food bins myself.

Visited August 2012
Bloomington, Indiana
“Lots of average food. .......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

AS you move from station to station, you load your plate and then have the "chef" grill it for you as you take it back ot your table. IF you want to get a different take on a buffet experience, you may enjoy it. If you are looking for a fine dining experience, you will be disappointed.

Visited September 2012