“Indian Delight”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The restaurant recently moved, and I have not been to the new location. However, the storefront doesn't really matter. You don't go to Bombay Café for the ambience, you go for the food. The owner is happy to share his knowledge and to help you choose what to order if you aren't sure. Everything we've ever ordered was amazing, and the vegetable samosas are the gold standard to which other restaurants are compared (and come up short.) Not sure what you want? The combo lets you try two entrees. Be sure to order some naan to soak up the sauce! You don't want any of this food to go to waste!

1  Thank Jennyanndiana

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Even with the pending move and resulting limited menu, this was an outstanding lunch break during our IU visit. This is the sort of family run restaurant that deserves your patronage. The food is excellent; like a visit to India. Not a fancy place, just good eats.

3  Thank ejonone
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I moved here from New York City two years ago and this is the first restaurant I've found that matches the authenticity, character, and high quality food of many of the restaurants in that city.

The food at Bombay Cafe is incredible. Absolutely incredible. They are never in a rush and refuse to cut corners. Last time I was in the restaurant the owner told me about a woman who called in and was upset because they couldn't have a particular dish she wanted ready for her that night because it takes over 10 hours to cook if you do it correctly and he refused to compromise the flavor and cook it faster. She ordered from somewhere else. Her loss.

They always give me extra nan and when I ordered from them for a group of 10-15, they doubled my order for free and told me I could pay later.

I love this place. If you haven't tried it yet, you're missing out. Go today, you won't regret it!

2  Thank reynolds19
Reviewed August 18, 2013

It seems to be a family owned restaurant and they are very nice to people that go there. The food was superb. If you are into good indian curry you should definitely visit them. The food was awesome and if you like coconut, ask for their indian coconut juice (very good!). I've been in Bloomington for 2 months now and this was the place I had my best meal.

2  Thank Felitheg
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Honestly one of the best Indian restaurants I have ever eaten at. If miss home food Bombay Cafe is the place to go. The food is great and very well priced. Great variety, you name it and they have it. Overall I have enjoyed going to this restaurant on a weekly basis for 2 years now. I am definitely going to miss their food!

4  Thank VBhartia