“Great food with great prices”
Review of Bombay cafe - CLOSED

Bombay cafe
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My favorite of all time is paneer tikka masala. And this is the only place In Bloomington that you get good paneer. There is a lot of options for vegetarians like me. Overall the quality and service was excellent.

2  Thank Karanjh

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I am glad to say I have finally found Authentic home-made style Indian food in B-Town out of all the places I have been to after being in the states.

The prices are okay. Food is awesome. Quantity is more than what you can eat. What else do you want?

Oh, not to mention, Bombay Cafe serves the road side stuff too like the chaats, pani puri, pav bhaji, etc. Their menu is too extensive.

And, to top it all, its a very friendly homely atmosphere unlike other Indian restaurants. Rabary bhai treats us like family and is more than willing to go out of his way to ensure we have a good time.

I was sick of the Indian buffets served in other Indian restaurants because it would give you that I-am-about-to-die-of-food-coma feeling. But, Bombay Cafe is legit. As long as I am in B-Town, I cannot stop going to this place.

3  Thank Anshuman_Bhartiya
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Bombay Cafe is one of best indian food places I have had. Food here has always been consistently good, and they have some great indian favorites that nobody else's offers [i.e. Pav Bhaji, Chole Bhatura, Indian style Paneer/chicken wraps]. They are known for their fresh preparation, and for the authentic indian flavor in their food. Another great upside to this place is that it is open till late (upto 11:30pm). Also, they have combo meals that lets you have 2 types of entree for the price of one [generous portions].

The people managing the place are really very nice, helpful, and are very accommodating with some special requests. Having tried all the other indian places in Bloomington, Bombay Cafe is clearly the best choice for authentic indian in Bloomington.

6  Thank kapilg422
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The best thing about Bombay Cafe are the food! I would eat at this place everyday because it's authentic Indian food - as close to home cooked meals as you'd like.
There is a lot of variety and the menu changes everyday.

Lunch at $7.50 is a steal and the dinner combo has enough food for next day's lunch!
Chicken/Paneer Tikka Masala, Chicken Frankie and Panneer Naan are my favorites.

The place itself is low key, but clean! Some people might complain about the little extra time they take to get the food out, especially when the place is full. However I don't mind waiting 5 extra minutes because I know my food is made to order, fresh, only for me! I know how elaborate the process of cooking Indian food is and I appreciate the fact that they don't compromise on quality in order to save a few minutes of time.

6  Thank teja7
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Great food – must try their cheap ($6) but delicious lunch combo. Their must try entrees are the Lamb Curry, Chicken Korma and Bhindi Masala. The place is extremely casual and it is self-service. Feel free to walk into this place in your pajamas. There’s dine-in, carry out and delivery. I eat here quite often. The people are very friendly and the quality of the food is unmatchable. The variety available on the menu is second to none other Indian restaurant in Bloomington.

6  Thank Ananya C