“Affordable stay and kind staff”

Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #24 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on this numerous occasions. I return to stay at this hotel because the staff are kind and go out of their way make your visit like being at home. The rooms are clean and in working order. When something needs to be fixed or corrected, the staff address the problem. The owners are continually working to improve the hotel and I have come to trust their honesty and respect their integrity.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Kenny P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for your glowing review. We always enjoy your visits to our hotel, and are glad that you enjoy staying here.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I do not understand the negative reviews. My stays have always been comfortable and clean. The staff is courteous and friendly. The owners are continually improving the facility, making it an even better value. For the favorable room rate that they charge this is indeed Americas (and Bloomington's) Best Value Inn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Kenny P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for your continued patronage. It is a pleasure to have you at our hotel, and hope that you will continue to come here for a pleasant stay.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Do not stay here! This hotel is dirty, had no hot water in the shower, handles on the faucets in the sink and the shower fell off. Problem with toilet flushing. Terrible plumbing and maintenance issues. Noticed cigarette burns on the blankets. We only had to stay here one night due to an emergency and picked this hotel clearly by mistake! The owner was very belligerent with my husband when he confronted him about the condition of the room. Clearly they are not out to satisfy the customer by any means. Do not stay here under any circumstances!

Room Tip: Stayed at the La Quinta in Indianapolis, although a little out of the way it was a much better exper...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Anne2612

I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay at our establishment. Our housekeeping is always working vigilantly to keep this hotel as clean as possible. Every now and then, especially during extremely busy nights with all rooms filled, we do get guests that get a little carried away and can sometimes make little messes in the hallways, but we do our best to spot the mess and clean it up as quickly and diligently as possible. I’m sorry that you got a bad blanket, as our hotel is supposed to be nonsmoking, but sometimes, no matter how much you express to someone that it is a nonsmoking establishment, they will do so anyways with little regards to the aforementioned request. I hope that someday that you will give our lovely hotel another chance, as customer service is one or our biggest priorities.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was sleeping in one of the beds and I found two bedbugs. I took it to the front desk and showed it to the clerk. I had booked with Expedia so he wouldn't give me a refund, although he agreed in person to refund me. The refunding process has been brutal and I doubt I will ever get my money. Do not, under any circumstances, stay at this hotel. Pay 20 more dollars and stay somewhere that won't give you a rash on your face. It is unsanitary, disgusting, and I am strongly considering reporting it to the board of health.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car instead.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

I’m sorry that you had a bad experience, but I can tell you with plenty of certainty that we do not have bedbugs in this hotel. We have been inspected several times, and always come up negative for bed bugs. We run all of our mattresses through a large industrial washer and drier that are well above the 110 degree temperature that is required to kill bedbugs. On top of that we make sure that we have a company that comes in once a week to spray for all kinds of bugs, and use preventative measures of our own to ensure that they don’t spring up. We do get the occasional guest that is coming from a place that has bed bugs and they bring them in with them, but that is why we use all of the preventative measures that we use, to make sure that if they do appear in our hotel, their stay is very short lived.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Room alright, place to crash, hole in wall same painting rotated on two walls which i dont mind but manager was very rude and disrespectful and im pretty sure lied to me about an item i left behind so if you dont like to patronize businesses run by bitter dehumanizing people
I recommend you stay elsewhere

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Awcbac

I’m sorry that you didn’t approve of our décor, and that is something that we are in the works of improving on. All improvements and renovations are a slow going process, which we are constantly working on. As for any rudeness on my employee’s part, I do apologize, it was probably more of a miss understanding on both parts. Since rudeness begets rudeness, I’m sorry that everyone had to endure such an unpleasant stay and event. I hope that in the future that you will consider giving our hotel another chance. We always strive to make everyone’s stay a pleasant one, and only ask for the same in return.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

...It'll be safer and more hospitable.

I'm a cheap traveller and don't expect much in a budget motel. I do, however, expect not to be physically affronted by the hotel owner. After getting shafted for an extra $70 upon arrival, we were physically and aggressively threatened for daring to ask for extra towels.

This is on top of everything being broken, the owner making comments about “dangerous black guys”, and the fact that owner was also caught peering into rooms to check the number of occupants. Also, none of the advertised amenities were functional. No pool, no elevator, and the free “breakfast” was a joke.

Seriously, the owner is unfit to work with the public—nevermind run a hotel—and is in serious need of anger management counselling.

Don't stay here. Go somewhere else. Anywhere else.

Room Tip: Don't choose one at all.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tom L

I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay here. Our hotel policy states that any more than two adults staying in a single room, is a ten dollar fee for per person or pet beyond the aforementioned number of occupants. All of our appliances and amenities are fully functional and operating with exception to the indoor pool. The indoor pool is under maintenance for a very costly repair that will take time to fix. As for the elevator, when a guest first checks in at the front desk, we inform them that the elevator is located at the center of the building and goes to all four floors, with exception of the lobby, and that the elevator is located directly across from the large center canopy which is the main entrance to the hotel. I’m sorry that we don’t have an elevator next to every stair well, but unfortunately when the building was built thirty years ago, the original designer for the building apparently didn’t deem it necessary. And lastly all our staff takes customer service very seriously, and will do everything in their power to make sure that everyone has a pleasant stay. Rudeness only begets more rudeness and anger, so we try our best to always be good customer service representatives.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I've stayed in some pretty terrible hotels, but never have I felt physically threatened by manager until I stayed at 'best value'. This guy is seriously unhinged. Not only did he essentially rob 70 dollars from us but somehow took it very personally that we would dare ask for more towels and began shouting and pointing my face. He was insulting, totally incoherent and illogical. I could cope with the disgusting bathroom, the balcony that looks like it's about to fall off, the door that wouldn't lock, that the advertised pool was closed, the room which said 'caution, chemical room', the rancid smell in the corridors, and even the extra 70 dollars he made us pay when we arrived. But of all the horrific things about this place, he really was the highlight. He tried to barge into our bedroom while my friend was half dressed and another friend had to physically stand in his way to stop him. When we went down to try again to get more towels, he had three other guys down there with him - I can only imagine they were there for intimidation. We spoke to other people in the hotel. Complaints about him ranged from the fact he told people to 'be careful because there's some black guys in the parking lot' to him peeping into peoples' rooms through the crack in their curtains, checking how many people were staying there. This guy needs help, and certainly should not be working in a job that requires a basic level of interpersonal skills.

Room Tip: Never stay here. Ever.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

I’m sorry that you felt threatened in any means. Our front desk manager is one of the nicest people I’ve ever personally met, him and his entire family. I’ve never seen someone go so far out of his way to ensure that the guests have a pleasant stay. I would like to know the pretext behind “essentially robbed” since usually always have the cheapest rates in town. The aforementioned manager, has never and would never insult or threaten anyone. All of our bathrooms are thoroughly clean, until our pool has undergone the expensive repairs we don’t even have it noted that we have a pool on any of our reservation sights, we don’t have a chemical room, as cleaning supplies are kept with the housekeeping rooms which are unmarked and always locked rooms. Our employees don’t enter any occupied rooms without knocking and being invited in. If there were that many people at the front desk, they were there for business with the front desk clerk, and were not there for any sort of intimidation Our staff never has and never will peep into someone’s room, we knock at the door ask request entrance to prove whether or not they have exceeded occupancy. Again I’m sorry that you didn’t enjoy your stay, and I truly hope that you give us another chance, as service has improved as we have had time and money to continue our renovations to make this a better establishment.