“Good place!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I always enjoy this restaurant. The food is good, the wait staff nice and the view is beautiful. It's nice to sit outdoors when the weather is nice. It was cool and rainy tonight, but they had a tent and heaters, so it was comfortable. There was also a jazz duo playing standards, which was very enjoyable. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

There are newer reviews for Scenic View

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We went out on a Wednesday for a celebration with a group of 8. They were pretty busy considering it was the middle of the week, but the weather was great for outside seating. Everything was fine until it was a hour after ordering our food and there was nothing. The waiter wasn't even coming by any more to check on us either. Once we finally got our food after asking for it, everything was ok again until we got the checks. The tip was included in the bill as per their policy, but it was at 20% where as it was posted on the menu as being "18% on groups 6 or more". After my bill was picked up and returned, I noticed that I had been shorted $.11 on my change and another person was missing $.30 from her change. After having to ask for our food, waiting over an hour (we had reservations as well), being charged more on the tip, and then getting shorted our change, I do not believe I will be back.
Every time I have been to the Scenic View, it has been an ok experience. Sometimes a little slow, but that can some times happen. The reason I did not give a lower score is because we did get a gift card for one of their new restaurants the owners just opened (given before we received the checks by the manager).
Better communication from the waiter would have been greatly appreciated.

2  Thank GOAT2007
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I love the fish tacos! I love the corn fritters! Oh, the breakfast pizza will chase away any residual from the night before. Nearly always interesting dinner specials, too. And the view is pretty terrific.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a fun place to go for drinks &/or dinner. Nice menu. Excellent beer list, nice wines. There is a view of Lake Monroe.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant many, many times. Some of the food is a bit unusual but we have our favorites such as the breakfast pizza. However, we were there today for St Patrick's Day. Great corned beef and cabbage dinner. It really was exceptional. The cake was stupendous. The wait staff remember us and are attentive. In the summer we sit on the porch and can even bring our little dog. It really is worth the trip and after you eat, visiting Lake Monroe for a little walk is a bonus.

FYI:
The review by (hunt4702) Feb 12, 2013 is NOT this restaurant. The restaurant they are reviewing is thirty miles west in Spencer, Indiana.