“Amazing Customer Service”

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Amazing Customer Service”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I can not say enough about the friendliness and service of the staff, just amazing. They go way and beyond the ordinary in making your stay pleasant one. From immediately changing my room at check in when the air conditioner was not working properly (they offered to help me move and gave us complementary chocolates for our trouble) to replenishing the pool towels with a smile upon request, to bringing out eating utensils out to the patio/grill area when we left ours in our room, to returning my lighter I had left on the bench, to making sure our diabetic friend had a working USB cable for his monitor and offering to let me take it home so we could make sure he had an extra one because we travel together often. Honestly, these are just a few stories of the staff hospitality. The rooms are roomy, clean, quite and comfortable. Keep up the great work and we will see you again next year!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Stacey K, Manager at TownePlace Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you very much for your recent review! We truly appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I had planned a trip from Chicago to Bloomington Indiana to visit my Mom in an assisted living facility. My family consists of myself, my husband, and 2 boys, ages 15 and 14. We also have a Schnoodle puppy. I made reservations at this hotel for 2 nights since they accept pets. Well when I learned that they charge $75.00 "pet fee" on top of their pricey room rates, I found a dog sitter, cancelled this reservation, and made reservations at another hotel in Bloomington that was alot more affordable. During my visit with my Mom, this hotel had the nerve to call me and tell me I never cancelled the reservation! I stated I did and they argued I did not and wanted to inform me that I will be charged for my stay even though I did not set foot in the door!!! They would not budge. When I arrived back in Chicago, sure enough there was a 333.67 charge on my Visa. I called the manager and I called Marriott Corp. I stated I did cancel this reservation and within the proper time limit. They insisted I did not. Their representative must have cancelled someone elses in error. But not even giving me the benefit of the doubt. My son is severely developmentally delayed and we need this money for his care and found this so totally unfair of Marriott, what I thought had a good reputation. We cannot afford this charge, especially when I am 110% sure that I cancelled this reservation 4 days prior to our arrival. The policy is 24 hours. I will never stay at another Marriott!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Julie M
Stacey K, Manager at TownePlace Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Julia,

We apologize there was confusion with your reservations in Bloomington, IN. Our goal is that every potential guest with us has a stress free experience. Since we did not receive a cancellation through our system or through you, we did charge a one night stay for holding the room as we were expecting your arrival. We did refund the second night stay that was not cancelled.

In the interest of good faith, we would like to offer a complimentary night stay for your next trip to Bloomington, IN. Please contact myself or the General Manager to arrange your complimentary stay.

Thank you and we look forward to your future visit.

Stacey K.
Operations Manager
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The recent sale of my house led me to this gem of a hotel. The best hotel stay of my life, and I have traveled extensively for work. I was in a handicap-accessible room and the three solidly mounted security bars in the tub allowed me to relax and enjoy the shower. The rooms (and the entire property) are incredibly clean, the bed and pillows comfortable, the staff incredibly efficient and kind. I was travelling with a small dog and the manager even gave me a new toy for him! Wireless internet was a bonus, as were the spacious desk and very comfortable office chair. The fully equipped kitchen was a pleasant surprise; a microwave, oven, dishwasher, full size fridge, range, even pots, pans, glasses and dishes! Highly recommend this property; would give 10 stars if I could!

Room Tip: My third floor room was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Stacey K, Manager at TownePlace Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you very much Beverly for your feedback and kind words! It was our pleasure hosting you and your adorable pup. We look forward to your return visit if you are ever in the area again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We've stayed here at least 4 times and always found the rooms and suites fresh and clean, the beds extremely comfortable and the staff incredibly cordial and helpful. Highly recommend it and will certainly stay here again when visiting our student at IU.

The restaurants across the way are all good choices and the hotel is situated just a few miles from the center of Bloomington and the university.

Room Tip: Suites are great if you are traveling with others and need to be able to do work or want privacy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Marjorie B
Stacey K, Manager at TownePlace Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing! We're happy you enjoyed our comfortabe beds and had the chance to interact with our friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you next time you're in town!
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 11, 2014

First-class experience during a recent stay. Hotel clerk, Blake went above and beyond to ensure the room accommodated my needs. Clean, comfortable and convenient while visiting IU. As a frequent traveler, rarely do I have such a positive and pleasant experience. This hotel and staff stood out - excellent travel experience, and highly recommend.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Stacey K, Manager at TownePlace Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you very much for your recent review. It was our pleasure to be your host and we are confident your next experience will be equally as memorable and excellent! We look forward to your return visit and hope to see you soon.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Was here for a national conference that lasted thirteen days. This hotel was awesome. The free cookies, the spacius rooms, the comfortable beds and pillows, the ammenities and the staff made this place one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The free manager's dinner on Tuesday was very nice. The price is more than reasonable and the parking is plentiful. Made the twelve days in cold Bloomington during March very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Shane M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a kind review! We're so happy that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. The cookies and receptions are some of the many amenities we enjoy offering to our guests! If you ever find yourself back in Bloomington, we look forward to having you back!
Royal Oak
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I always enjoy staying at Towneplace Suites and this Bloomington location was no exception. Extremely friendly and helpful staff...great pizza dinner (for free!) and of course the nice apartment-style room with a full kitchen. It's like a home away from home, which is really nice for as much time as I spend on the road. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Shane M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you so much, Mr. Jones! We appreciate the kind words you left about the newly renovated TownePlace Suites Bloomington. We were certainly happy to have you with us earlier this week and we're already looking forward to having you back on your next trip to Bloomington!