“Good food, but...”

Bub's Burgers and Ice Cream
Ranked #18 of 355 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The food was great, but both times I've been there no one was at the front greeting customers or taking their names. We had to yell back after waiting 5 minutes unattended to get anyone to come up to the podium to seat us. 10 people who were waiting there before us left as we got there because of the lack of staffing.

The big ugly burger is the "challenge" , but there are a thousand or so pictures on the wall of those who have completed the challenge.

Don't bother ordering the "big" size sides, they are the same size as the individual ones, but at twice the price.

I'm glad I went, but I won't be back.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The food was very good. We had to wait 35 minutes in order to be seated but that's ok because the BURGER DID MAKE IT UP AGAIN. The service was good and fast, even when the place was really crowded.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I was amazed at the quick and friendly service we received in this college town restaurant! The food was great we had the burgers (and they were cooked perfect medium) and the waffle fries were nicely seasoned. We highly recommend!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband, son and I have been to Bub's burgers a couple of times now. The atmosphere is great and the service is always fantastic. The last time we were there, we each got the elk burger and it was absolutely amazing! If you're in the area you must try this place out! It is great!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

You have to challenge the Big ugly burger, a pound of meat (after cooked). I was there twice and never had to complain about anything, the service is fast and friendly and burgers are simply great!. If you complete the challenge, you get a picture on the wall.