“4th Street Fav”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Love to sit outside at this place on 4th street and have Pides and the green and red cabbage salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, tossed in special dressing. The pide dinner is an oval shaped flatbread with meat, cheese and veggie fillings, served with lentil or white bean soup and salad.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Small and cozy with very pleasant service. Fresh food, excellent appetizers and kebabs. Give it a try.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Anatolia has the best Turkish food in Bloomington; the soup and bread that come before your meal, not to mention the complementary Turkish hot tea, could basically serve as a meal in and of themselves! The entrees never disappoint. I recommend the moussaka! You can dine inside at tables or traditional-style on the floor, or outside under a covered patio area.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Every time I'm in town this is always one of my top places to eat before I leave.My friends and I love to sit on the cushions on cold winter days and sip at the completentary delicious Turkish tea. The bread and humus is so so good! The pides are delicious as well and my favorite is the white bean soup. I love to dip the bread in the humus and then into the soup and then quickly pop it in my mouth before it drips. It really warms the spot on a cold winters day.

I can't say much on the service because it really seems like every time I'm there I have a different server; even when I lived in Bloomington I never had the same server twice. Most are good, some are poor, and a few have been down right awful but the service never impacts the quality of the food. Whoever the cooks are, they do an awesome job! I'm never disappointed!

1  Thank Christina C
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Food was ok; nothing great and not entirely consistent. Some dishes were very good; others not so. The service was unusual and inconsistent as well. I had asked for some harissa to spice up my kebab; the waiter nodded that he would check, but never returned. Someone else served our table for the remainder of the meal. They never cleared my son's place, even after he ordered dessert. They simply moved his dirty main course plate aside when they brought his dessert.

In addition, if you are interested in having a glass of wine with your meal, you cannot do that here. They neither serve alcohol nor allow BYOB. I am understanding of this policy, but just be forewarned.