“Not Just a Dumpy College Place”

Buffa Louie's at the Gables
Ranked #32 of 354 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I like Buffa Louie's mainly for their chicken sandwiches. They give you a big chunk of grilled chicken and slather garlic butter on the bun. Good stuff. The fries are good as well. I've had the burgers, and they're not bad, but I would not typically pick them over the chicken.
But this place may be pricier than you think. For your burger/chicken sandwich, fries and a drink, you will spend about $9 per person. There are other places where you can about the same thing for the same price, and the food is a bit better. The prices may be because they always seem to have fifteen people behind the counter regardless of how busy they are. I would suggest going on Thursdays though, when all of their sandwiches are discounted. It's just the best deal.
The seating here is really strange. There are four different levels, with a sort of basement, a hole by the TVs, an upstairs loft, and a main level. The main level has a couple of large booths, but also an awkward bar and really awkward small high tables (the sort where you're leg-to-leg with your companion). It's a really funky vibe. It's rare to see it crowded in here, except when there's a game (lots of TVs). They do have beer, but only a couple of taps.
The food is pretty consistent but the wait time is not. Don't be surprised if it takes 20 minutes to get your food. Then again, it could take 5.

There are newer reviews for Buffa Louie's at the Gables

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have only given one 5 star review before but this one is well deserved.
I had soso expectations after seeing that you order at the counter.

Let me tell you.........WOW!

We ordered 2 burgers and 10 wings.

The bun was crispy and perfect in tempature. The burger was thick, juicy, and well seasoned. Not overcook or undercooked. JUST RIGHT!

Now the wings....wow, simply the best wings I have ever had. The Hot Garlic is perfect. The right heat mixed with the touch of garlic was out of this world. The mild buffalo was the perfect spice as well. The meat was 100% white and cooked perfect. These are a must try wing.

The staff was extremely friendly and fast at what they were doing.

This is a MUST try spot in Bloomington Indiana! You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank adam b
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

One of my all time favorite places!! Love the food. Love the atmosphere . The prices are ok. Not inexpensive , but not outrageous. The restaurant is decorated in all kinds of IU memorabilia, and TV's tuned to sports. If I could convince them, I'd love to have one back in TN.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Buffa Louie's has the best wings in town... well, actually, best I have ever had anywhere. I like the hot barbecue version, but the regular hot wings are great, too. The tomato bread is great, too... filet mignon sandwich is yummy... best delivery food in town!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have not been to Buffa Louie's (a man and his wings) in about 18 years and I am happy to say they still put out great wings. I went only for the wings, I love wings and have been eating them for years and years, and I still believe Buffa Louies's is one of the best wing shops I have ever visited. I like the location (new to me), the atmosphere that being next to campus brings, and the set up of the seating. Being a sports bar does not hurt either! I highly recommend if this is the type of place you are looking for!