“Tasty Indian Food”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Tasty Indian Food”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Courteous service, friendly and accommodating staff. Nice outdoor seating on deck. Food was good, not excellent, but outdoor ambience was fantastic!

Visited April 2013

Bloomington, Indiana
“Authentic Indian food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We've gone for the buffet lunch and for dinner, and enjoyed both. The dosas, the naan, and the curries are all excellent. They reduce your check 5% if you pay cash; another 5% if you're a senior citizen. We order chai to go with the meal (and to line the stomach against the effects of all the spices). There is no "dumbing down" on the hot and spicy entrees.

• Visited April 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Delicious Indian food”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I thought it was a little expensive, but we loved both our entrees and the Naan was spectacular. The waiter was very attentive, very nice and friendly, and the cook was very nice.

Visited January 2013
Mattoon, Illinois
“One of the best things about university towns - ethnic food.”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I love towns with big universities - partially because their campustown is somewhat "funky" which reminds me of my college years. But the main reason is the abundance of ethnic food restaurants typically found in these places. And Bloomington, IN qualifies as one of my favorites.

I decided upon Indian food this particular evening. I enjoyed Sambhar (soup with lintels and vegetables), garlic naan, goat curry and basmati rice. I drank water. And I had kheer (rice pudding) for dessert. $27.00.

I left a happy man.

• Visited June 2012
Evansville, Indiana
“bad experience”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I visited Taste of India for dinner on a recent weekday evening. They were not very busy. Our waiter, an older gentleman, took our order. After that, it was impossible to get his attention. He seemed to avoid eye contact with us. We were able to ask other wait staff for what we needed. After our food was cleared, a young woman brought us our check, then all of a sudden our waiter comes swooping in with a pitcher of water to fill our glasses. We had been finished with our meals for quite a while when he did this. Did he really think that would salvage his tip at that point?
As for the food, I was disappointed that there were no detectable vegetables in the lentil vegetable soup. However, the chicken masala and the garlic naan bread were both good. Too bad our experience with our waiter made it difficult to find enjoyment in our overall experience.

• Visited January 2013