“great review”
Review of Economy Inn

Economy Inn
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The room was clean, great shower, the rate reasonable and the manager friendly and helpful. The location was not as close to the city as we would have liked but it was worth the distance driving. It's easy to miss as not right on the highway but don't miss this motel.

Room Tip: We would stay there again.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 5, 2013

As I have stayed at a lot of super fancy hotels for business, I didn't know what to expect when I came across the Economy Inn located in Bloomington, Indiana. All of the hotels were booked in town, and I had to speak at an Indiana Univeristy Business Event, so I decided to stay here. I have never come across better staff. I have realized in recent traveling how important this is. The manager will cater to any of your needs. The rooms are clean and I honestly have no complaints. It is a wonderfu little hotel to visit and I highly recommend this place if you are considering visiting Indiana University's Campus.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank GEWorldTraveler
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I had stayed here before 2yrs ago. I found it by reading a good review about it at Tripadvisor. Still clean and quiet and I realize how much I wish all motel & hotel rooms came w/a microwave & minifridge like the rooms here do. I stayed during the heat of summer last time and my air-conditioning worked great. This time it's winter and my heat in room worked great. Mold and bug free. It's cheap decor makes it a place I wouldn't spend a romantic night at w/my lady. But you can't beat the advertised rate $32 & up for what you get. Complaints- Bathroom window was clear glass w/sheer curtain instead of smokey glass, so I closed bathroom door & turned on hot shower, presto! window steamed up and no one could look in. They have WiFi now and down the street from fast food places and a Kroger. I would not come back to a place that was nasty or treated me wrong, so for me to stay here twice is saying alot! Bring your own shampoo & don't forget your toothbrush I don't think they have extras.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank IndianaDaddy
Reviewed January 9, 2011

I stayed in Bloomington for work back in November and I can't be more positive about the Economy Inn. After a misunderstanding on how long I was to stay (my fault) the management quickly offered to comp my room for the extra night that I stayed.

The room was exceptionally clean and there was free wifi, a microwave, and a small fridge. At a very good rate for the week it was a great value. This is a motel so if you are looking for something high class with room service and a great location with a quick walk to campus (south of town or about a 10 min drive to the heart of Bloomington) then this is not the place for you.

I would def. recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Maine20jc
Reviewed April 2, 2009

I have been staying at the Economy Inn for almost 3 months now while in town for some training and I must say it is much better than I first expected. When you first pull into the parking lot you think that it will be some roach motel that charges by the hour, but that is far from the case.
Don't expect 5 star accommodations, but you can't beat the bang for the buck here. The rooms aren't big, but are comfortable. They include a small fridge and microwave, approximately 60 channels of cable, desk space, and a couple of chairs. Coin laundry is available during limited hours, but bring your own quarters, as there is no dollar changer. The manager/owner here is great. He is more than willing to help you any way he can and work with you if there are any issues. They don't have a website so you will have to book your room over the phone.
Overall, if you are looking for high class accommodations with a spa, pool, and room service - look elsewhere. If you are looking for a low price and a decent room, this is the place to be.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business