“Pretty, friendly, yummy”
Review of Scholars Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bloomington
Scholars Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Bloomington B&B and Inns
New Brunswick, Canada
“Pretty, friendly, yummy”
Reviewed September 24, 2008

Beautiful historic home with lovely rooms. Spotlessly clean. Well located for visit to university and downtown shopping. Very friendly welcome and great breakfast!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Eveningpiper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Louisville, KY
Reviewed July 17, 2008

I just returned from an overnight stay at the Scholars Inn. I went up with 3 of my high school friends. The staff at the Scholars Inn was extremely nice and the breakfast was excellent. The Inn could use some updating and the upstairs was a little too warm as it was July. One drawback is that the Inn is not in walking distance from Kirkwood Avenue or campus. Our overall experience was good and I would stay there again but it would probably not be my first choice.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 31, 2006

My husband and I stay at the Scholars Inn about 5 times a year. I would never go anywhere else. The people there are so nice and friendly. They go out of their way for you. The house is very beautiful.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed January 15, 2005

The Website promised all rooms with PRIVATE BATHROOMS!
When I called to reserve the room they did not tell me that the
"private" bathroom was outside the room down the hall! Was I surprised to find a flashlight and a bathrobe provided in case I or my teenage daughter needed to use it in the night. All the other rooms
on my floor had a real private baths and I was surprised not to have been given one since there seemed to be other empty rooms with bathrooms. I would always ask now just to be sure that a private bath was a private bathroom as this was not very comfortable for us.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
6 Thank LNOB
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 12, 2004

I'm amazed that no other reviewers have written about the Scholars Inn. I just had a delightful stay there in late May 2004. The rooms are charmingly decorated with lovely touches, avoiding the cute/kitschy. The king-sized bed was heavenly. Staff was friendly but also very courteous and polite. The breakfast was very good, with cheesy scrambled eggs, sausages, and fruit (you can request breakfast in bed if you like). My room overlooked a garden, and it was very peaceful. And don't' miss dining at the nearby Scholars Inn Restaurant (a few steps away from the inn). Dinner was excellent -- poached chicken in mushroom sauce and the best creme brulee I've ever had for dessert (plus it was half-price martini night). A luxurious, blissful experience, all for less than what you'd pay for a night at the Courtyard Mariott.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member