“A Great Vegetarian or Vegan Option”

Falafels Flavors From Jerusalem
Ranked #82 of 345 Restaurants in Bloomington
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Spencer, Indiana
“A Great Vegetarian or Vegan Option”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

When my brother, who is vegan, came to visit me from out of state, we ate at Falafels because we both liked hummus-based dishes and Falafels offers a number of options in addition to meat. Although I don't remember exactly what he got, one of his side dishes was grilled aspargus. It was so good that he raved about it for two days. I had an appetizer that consisted of puffed pastry with four different fillings. They were visible in a display case when we walked in, and they tasted every bit as good as they looked.

According to their website, Falafels offers "flavors from Jersalem," and the decor seemed to follow that ethnic choice. The service was good and even though our visit was on a late Friday afternoon on one of Bloomington's busiest weekends, the restaurant was not crowded. It is a bit tricky to find, however. It is situated in a cluster of businesses located in an odd shaped, multi-level, wooden building near campus at the corner of Dunn and Kirkwood/Fifth Street. The entrance is on the southeast corner of the building.

Falafels also makes pita pockets that are sold at Bloomingfoods in packages of six. Those are the best pita pockets. I fill them with hummus and serve them with blue chips.

• Visited April 2012

Bloomington, Indiana
“NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

All three times i have ordered for delivery there, they screw something up. They forgot my fries on an order where if i got the Falafel sandwich and fries, i got a free drink. Same thing for if you buy a falafel and a drink, you'd get a free falafel--well, both times i did THAT deal, they forgot my drinks. Also paid $2.00 for my drink---it was a can of soda. two dollars for a can of soda. Their food isnt that great to be acceptable for them to suck with customer service, either. I called and said, "Hi! you guys forgot my fries with my order! I was the order that went to _____" the MANAGER replies, "Okay." I didnt even know what to say to that..."UH, CAN I HAVE THEM?" never again. never.

• Visited March 2012
Albany, New York
“Great food, fair prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

We've been here quite a few times over the last few years. We've never had a bad meal or bad service. Get the baklava!

Visited May 2011
Virginia
“Average...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is pretty average Middle Eastern fast food. The prices are reasonable, and the food was pretty good, although quite greasy. There isn't much seating, but they are usually quick with take-out orders.

• Visited March 2011
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Not Good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

Went with a party of 10 adults whom were not demanding guest. Looking forward to it from the good reviews I read.
Our falafels were over cooked. Many of our beef dishes burnt. When we told the waitress about it nothing was offered to fix the problem. None of us would ever go back.

• Visited June 2011