“Superb food, excellent service”

Bartlett's Gourmet Grill & Tavern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Same owners as another listed restaurant - Bistro 157 in Valparaiso
Chicago, Illinois
“Superb food, excellent service”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great meatloaf, roast beef, fish and chips - a great discovery - would definitely go back there first thing if we are nearby.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank capracornio

“Manager treats customers like they do not matter!!!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Terrible experience! My steak was charred. Our waiter, who also turned out to be the manager, offered to "get me something else." When the bill came, both the first and second items were on it. The manager absolutely refused to remove even the first item and made us pay for a burned steak I did not eat!!!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Peterrr211
Chicago
“Extremely Noisy!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Had dinner here on a recent Saturday night. The food was okay and the service was okay, but it was so noisy inside that we could not hear each other speaking across the table. To make matters worse, we were seated right below a speaker playing music. We have been wanting to try this restaurant for quite some, and I think we ended up a little disappointed. Not sure if we would go back again or not.

• Visited June 2014
Indiana
“Where is fish i fish taco?”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This was my first time eating here. I love fish taco's and this is probable the worst I have ever had.

Seared Cod filet wrapped in flour tortillas with shredded cabbage, pico de gallo and lime, served with seasoned black beans and corn tortilla chips with salsa verde That is their description on the menu. Very little fish and could not find the pico de gallo. The chips were good and warm. The black beans were dried up. Just not much flavor over all.

My son had fish and chips and said it was pretty good. Portion was fine on that;

We were there about 1115 so they had brunch menu too. It was Sunday and my husband and daughter-in law both had chorizo burrito, Large portion husband stated very bland.

Service was fine and food came out quickly

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank cindygad
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Ecclectic tavern”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Ate here for Sunday brunch. Nice sized portions. Large interesting beer selection. I'd rate the food we had as fairly average.

• Visited April 2014