“Interesting Menu and GREAT Martinis!”

Bartlett's Gourmet Grill & Tavern
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Same owners as another listed restaurant - Bistro 157 in Valparaiso
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Nice place to enjoy an appetizer and drink. The menu is interesting, not your usual pub food. Kim the bartender is spectacular - enjoy one of her "Kim-tinis".

Reviewed June 8, 2012

It was a quite a wait to sit down/eat..but food was worth it!

Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

I have to admit I was skeptical as we drove to this place. However, I was pleasantly surprised by this place. We elected to sit on the patio even though it was in the 90s. The inside was crowded but the deck was fairly empty. It was a nice area with lights, umbrellas and nice landscaping. My husband ordered the pork pizza appetizer and loved it. I had the fried mozzarella. For dinner, we each ordered salads which were fine if heavy on the lettuce and light on the other ingredients. Beer prices are very reasonable and the sangria was excellent. The service was friendly but slow.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We have stopped at Bartlett's a number of times and have never been disappointed. We heard it was owned by the same chef who owned the Miller Bakery years ago which we loved until he closed it. We mostly stop late afternoon on a Saturady or Sunday. It is a small cozy place with usually a good crowd when ever we come by but we have never waited long. In fact we usually sit in the bar.
The menu has some regular items sandwiches, but with an extra twist for everything. I usually go for the specials though which always includes homemade soups which are always excellent. I have had their club sandwich that is served on thick toasted homemade bread in additon to their burger, both unique to Bartletts. Last time I had the pizza from the appetizer menu with their barbecue pork. It was a meal in itself with sharp tangy sauce on chunks of pork. I also had a cup of the of an excellent home made soup. They also have several excellent beers on tap to include a tasty Green Bush IPA (Green Bush is a micro brewery just up the road and just over the border in MIchigan).
The decor is laid back casual, the bar very unique with an amazing round cooler that is hard to describe. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The Bartender appears tobe the same lady evertime and she is always extremely friendly and helpful.

They also have weekend brunch menu items.

A great stop on your way to Michigan or on your way home to Chicago.

1  Thank Jay J
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Great food and service. A very pleasant experience.