“It was an awful place to stay.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bedford
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fenton, Missouri
“It was an awful place to stay.”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I was not smart enough to listen to the bad reviews of this place. I did call beforehand and told them of the reviews and the front desk girl said we could view the rooms and she would not charge us if we decided to stay. We looked at the three rooms and thought it was okay. After awhile we noticed how dirty it was, how many small things should have been attended to and the lack of good ownership in keeping the place up to date. The place might have been fine if it was clean. It didn't need to be modern but we do need clean. At breakfast we noticed the tablecloths from the night before had not been changed. The woman that serves breakfast was a wonderful woman and pleasant to be around but that's not reason enough to stay. Super 8 is next door and the same pricing. Stay there.

• Stayed May 2013
Management07, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I am sorry that your experience was not a pleasant one. The front desk girl was absolutely right, if you had felt that the place was unfit to stay, we wouldn't have charged you. We want our guest to feel comfortable and clean in the environment that they are in. We just recently switched (the middle of May) to Quality Inn & Suites and since that switch several updates have already been implemented and will continue to do so in the next upcoming months. Your comment doesn't indicate on when your arrival date was so I am not sure if it was before or after the brand flag switch. Our commitment that work by is "if you are not satisfied with your accommodations or service, please notify front desk without delay so that we can make it right." You can still call the hotel and speak to me directly about your stay. Please do so if your stay has not already been handled.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kettering
Reviewed April 23, 2013

As a Diamond level Choice Privileges Member,who travels for business, I expect more than some travelers. This Comfort Inn in Bedford,IN, did NOT meet my standards. While this sprawling property has a beautiful expansive lobby, the rooms themselves are in need of work(by a professional), this place is very spread out and not convenient for those of us who travel with a fair amount of luggage Parking is located away from the property by the street. The pro's, the beds were very comfortable, and the breakfast(after a long hike) was adequate. The Con's,poorly patched dirty,marked up walls in room and bathroom,very dusty exhaust fans and little or no furniture,(no work area at all) there was a micro(with cigarette burns and a mini/fridge in our room which was something. The hall carpeting is very worn, and the doors are torn up, I am attaching some photo's I took showing the condition of our room. There was little TP(we had to go ask for more) which we have NEVER had to do at a "budget" property,let alone a$99 a night Comfort Inn.With other choices available in this town, I will forego my loyalty to the Choice Privileges program and stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Bedford hotels

West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was a little surprised by the visible wear and tear in the hotel room. I noticed things like tears in the carpet, smudges/marks on the walls, dirt/dust along all the baseboards and in corners, and what appeared to be poorly-done repair work in the shower. The water pressure in the shower was minimal. The beds were comfortable enough but very average.

On the positive side, the room came with a refrigerator and a microwave. We didn't use the microwave but did put the refrigerator to use with our dinner leftovers. The front desk staff were very courteous and efficient--I have no complaints about them whatsoever.

Free breakfast was available but we woke up too late to take advantage of the meal so I can't comment on the quality or variety of the breakfast offerings.

Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This place is a nightmare ! The Comfort Inn, Bedford website is misleading and false advertising ! First of all it shows a very nice, landscaped hotel with restaurant and bar. The rooms they show look new and very clean and fresh. Well , our jaws hit the floor when we walked into our room . Dark, musty, dirty, and worst of all moldy ! The air conditioning unit had mold all over it, I took pictures of it and posted them. There is NO restaurant or Bar or really even a vending area. The ice machines are all broken and we had to go to the main lobby to obtain ice . The " vending" area consisted of a rusty and dusty machine with a choice of 6 or 7 items. Okay, back to the room....the bathroom was fine,. basic but fine. The balcony was beyond gross, old moldy cigarette butts in the broken slide out windows. It is "screened in with sliding windows ( handles were broken) and the carpet filthy and old. Looked like something out of a bad slasher movie. I have wrote over 50 reviews on T.A. and I have never had to write one like this. They advertise FREE internet access, we had no internet access. I was told to call an I.T. person , and then the T.V. channels were fuzzy and blurred. I was told it was just their t.v.s . We called and spoke with the manager and she told us the mold was normal for this time of year....w h a t ? ???? Said the bar and restaurant closed many years ago and they had no control over removing it from their website ? what ? Offered us 10% off ! Never apologized to us, just offered excuses ! We packed up and left. They took the $111 off of our bill. Outrageous , check out my pics ! Please don't waste your money. The Holiday Inn down the road welcomed us in with open arms and gave us the same rate after hearing our story. Thanks Holiday Inn , we will never stray again !

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and each time the staff is very nice, friendly, and helpful. We had booked a suite for our trip, which consisted of myself, husband, two kids, and our two dogs. When we arrived the front desk told my husband that they do not allow pets in the suites, but the front desk contacted the owner and we were allowed to bring them. They even waived the pet fee. Room was very comfortable, even had an enclosed "deck" (more like a run) for the dogs and kids to go outside. The floor was also very quiet, we definitely could not hear our neighbors next door, I guess the plus side of it being an older hotel.

Breakfast was decent compared at some others hotels I have stayed at. They had both hot and cold options, like pastries, bagels, cereal, eggs, make your own waffles, and biscuits & gravy, etc. They also had high chairs for the little ones.

The only thing I would say that was a negative, was the maid service. When we came back to our room, the didn't seem to have vacuumed. The mess that our children had made with the goldfish crackers was still on the floor. Other than that, I would definitely recommended this place and when in Bedford, will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are staying with a family, I would suggest the suite. We paid about 100/night for our stay...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Management07, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! We do pride ourselves in Guest Services and I enjoyed reading that your experience again was a pleasant one. Yes, we normally don't allow pets on the 3rd floor because we have rooms with outside doors that makes taking them in and out much easier but since you didn't know that and had booked a suite, we did our best to make accommodate your needs for the length of your stay. We hope to see you again soon in the near future!! Have a wonderful rest of 2013!
Seattle
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very helpful staff. Breakfast was typical: eggs, fruit, mush, ceral, drinks, waffles, donuts, muffins, etc. Older facility. First floor seemed to have mildew. Moved to third floor room and was fine. Get a room away from the freeway side of the hotel. Would stay again if in Bedford.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I am glad that your stay was satisfactory!! The age of this building sometimes holds the smell of moisture on the first floor. I recommend staying on the 2nd floor if allergies bother you especially during the rainy seasons. Also the West side of the building is much quieter due to highway traffic. Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future!!
Golden, Colorado, USA
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Nice room, courteous desk staff, good free breakfast. No complaints in our 2-night stay.

We stayed there in late September, and the place was under-occupied, which gives an eerie feeling, but otherwise no problems.

It's on Hiway 37, which bypasses downtown Bedford, but we had to reason t ogo downtown, so no sweat. Price was typical of Comfort Inn - i.e. on the high end of where we normally stay while cruising the USA, but that was nbot a surprise as we had reserved in advance.

Room Tip: The place is sprawling, try to get close to the lobby for breakfast and front desk.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rollingstoneman
Lisa M, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate you coming and staying with us. Our motto here is to "make everyone feel as if they are family". We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Holiday Inn Express Bedford
#3 of 5 in Bedford
Rosemount Motel
Rosemount Motel
#1 of 5 in Bedford

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!