Holiday Inn Express Bedford
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
View Hotel
Crazyhorse Ranch & Lodge(West Baden Springs)
Economy Inn(Bloomington)
View Hotel
All reviewspool areaone nightfront deskhot tubwireless signalroom was cleanpancake machinebloomington hotelsbreakfast was standard farechlorine smellwould stay here againvery nice hotelcheck in was easynice breakfastking suiteup to datehie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2009

As a ten year Gold Card member, I was completely shocked at the poor management of this location. We stayed in this location for two night on DCI Championship Weekend. All hotels in the area were fully booked. We know this, because we called them all! Apparently this hotel was hit by lightening on Monday. They lost all phones, TV's, elevators, and air conditioning. Instead of calling their guests with reservations for the weekend to warn them, they decided to get the people all the way into the middle of nowhere on a completely booked weekend and then let them know of these things via a hand written piece of paper on the counter. Coming from 6 hours away, we didn't arrive at the hotel until almost midnight. The front desk clerk kindly hung up her cell phone long enough to tell us that if we didn't want to stay we could leave and not be charged..... at midnight, on DCI WORLD Championship Weekend...... The only thing I really cared about was the air conditioning. We could handle no phone, and we could even handle walking up 3 flights of stairs with our bags... but air... we MUST have air. The front desk clerk told us that all the air had been fixed that morning, and we would definitely have air. Well... we had air, but unfortunately it was sticky, warm, outside air being blown in. We endured it for the evening with the thought of talking to management for some resolution the next morning. Why was there no manager there all the way up to almost noon the next day? We had to leave, so we ended up calling the manager that afternoon. How in the world did I get the most rude manager on earth? Cindy Parks, manager on duty, was less than sympathetic. She said that she notified holiday inn corporate about the lightening, and that's all she had to do. I advised her that he front desk clerk specifically told me we had air, and we didnt. She said as soon as I signed that paper at check-in, I accepted that little hand written notice on the counter.... really Cindy? Are you serious? All I wanted was for maintenance to look at our air. All I wanted was for Cindy Parks to abide by Holiday Inn's Hospitality Promise, and not make a mockery of it. All I wanted was an apology for the inconvenience. All I got was hung up on.... yes, Cindy Parks hung up on me. 10 years of Holiday Inn stays ruined by Cindy Parks. Unfortunately, Ms Parks has cost her hotel chain a boatload of business.... do you know how many travel the country for DCI.... shame on you Cindy Parks. Bad management can bring a company down.

• Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank IansNonnie
Reviewed December 13, 2008

Traveling to a funeral with my wife and two young children. No berivement rate was avaliable but the price seemed fair for a place to sleep. However we got no sleep not even a hour. Kids parting in the hall till 5 am. I started to complain at 10:30 pm when the kids in hall woke my three year old duaghter. Called the front desk 8 times during the night and visited the front desk at 2 am. Nothing happened, nothing. asked for the manager repeatedly nothing. Called from home three times after the trip to speak to the manager and I never heard back. Called Holiday Inn express home office and they said they could only listen to my complaint because they could not make the franchisees respond in any way. Now I am in the hospitality feild and I even worked in management at a holiday inn many moons ago and I am shocked at the lack of customer servicecoming from both the hotel and the main headquarters. Stay away becuase if you have aproblem here none cares...

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank clubmanager
Reviewed October 5, 2008

We were going with our children to visit my mother in law who was ill. The kids and I had never been to IN. We ended up loving it there. The staff was great and rooms were like being at home. In fact they were the same colors as a few of the rooms in our home. When we go back I would stay at the holiday express again. I highly recommend this hotel for all families,and anyone else. There is this nice Italian restraunt near by that was just great. The Spaghetti Grill located @ 2810 Washington Ave, they have a bar right next door(Pappa's) we had the kids so we didn't get a chance to go check it out but the restraunt was very nice.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2007

This Hotel was great from the start, we had reservations at another hotel in the area, and when we got to the other hotel, we was not satisfied AT ALL...So we left there and went to Holiday Inn Express, great experience. The staff at the front desk was A1. The room was spotless. And they have a nice pool area, with sauna, and whrilpool. Beautifully decorated. Great morning breakfast, free of course. I will be back to this hotel..

Stayed: January 2007
Reviewed October 31, 2006

We wanted to take the kids and get out of the house last weekend, so we tried to find a hotel with a pool somewhere close to Bloomington. Since it was IU's homecoming weekend, this was next to impossible. We were very excited to find space available at Holiday Inn Express in Bedford. The website gave several options, but we called the hotel phone number to book.
When we arrived, our room was a smoking room. We had been very clear about needing a nonsmoking room when we called to make our reservation. However, the hotel was completely booked, and they could not change our room once we were there. Fortunately, the weather was nice enough to open the window for several hours, but it didn't help the sticky floor in both the bathroom and on the carpet.
We really enjoy staying at Holiday Inn Express all across the country, but this time they were overwhelmed with the huge number of people staying that weekend. The breakfast area was full in the morning, but that's not a big deal. However, the staff who was monitoring and refilling things was in a foul humor, telling my spouse that she was "ready to ring someone's neck". There were three people on staff in the breakfast area, and they were all frazzled and negative, complaining loudly.

The hotel is a nice facility, but they seemed overwhelmed on this stay. I would be willing to give it another chance on a less crowded weekend. The kids did have a great time at the pool, and my spouse and I enjoyed the hot tub and sauna.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family