“Best staff I have ever experienced”

Holiday Inn Express Bedford
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This was one of the best places I have ever stayed at. The hotel was SUPER clean and I am definitly one of those people who really check the mattress and sheets. The place was decorated nicely throughout and the pool area was nice with patio furniture and a ping pong table too. What really set this place off was the wonderful staff! Whenever we needed anything there was always always someone friendly and willing to help any way. The gals at the front desk remembered us and answered questions about the area, we had the nicest gal cleaning rooms on second floor that went out of her way to bring us extra towels and pillows. The breakfast was delicious. I liked the secluded place around the property. It was close to town but kind of by itself so we didnt worry about our vehicles at night. It was just a great place to stay and we would definitly stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KChag

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is a well above average HIE for a small town. I've stayed her twice recently, and both times my room was very clean and very comfortable. Nice Samsung LCD TVs, new fixtures, etc. The breakfast is also consistently very good -- at least for an HIE breakfast.

My only issue this time around is that I needed a crib, so I noted this on my reservation. When we arrived at the hotel, we were informed that there were no cribs available. Not to be snooty or rude, but I'm a platinum member of their priority club, and I stay in HIEs several dozen nights a year at a minimum. I expect the get great service, and frankly, not having a crib when an infant is along creates big problems. I would have at least appreciated an email or call letting me know this before I arrived.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear bhawkins,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness, breakfast and the room amenities.

However, We’re sorry that your request for a crib was not accommodated. I understand the discomfort this caused you. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I had never been to this location. I was traveling back home and decided to stay here. They did a great job on having my reservation ready when I arrived. They were so helpful. They answered my questions about the area. Their breakfast choices were great and FREE!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Alrick B
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights to attend my grandfather's 90th birthday party. The motel booked 10 rooms in a block for party guests including my 90 year old grandfather and grandmother. Many of the group were in the lobby visiting (one 32 year old and the rest between 50-90 years old) and my grandparents decided to go up to bed at 10:30 pm. Everyone got up to say good-bye, so the noise level went up for about 5 minutes. At this time, the person on duty at the front desk came out and said there were noise complaints and everyone must leave the area. My uncle asked if there was a conference room or some place to move so that everyone could continue visiting. They said no, you need to go to your own rooms. You would think that the hotel would have told us that we would have no place to visit when they clearly knew that many people were staying at their hotel for a family gathering. Instead of accommodating 10 rooms full of guests, they made the choice to accommodate a few complaining people. I WILL NOTstay in this motel again. I will stay in Bloomington from now on. Very disappointed that this happened!

The facility is decent. The beds are terrible! This is the second time I have stayed here and the beds are VERY uncomfortable. My sister who stayed here also said the same thing about the beds.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear SWKSLady,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your review of our hotel. I am glad that you rated us excellent on Cleanliness. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Let me also take this opportunity to apologize for the misdemeanor you experienced. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
IHG Care

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I reserved two cribs for my twins. When I arrived, they had given away one of the cribs. After calling around to other hotels and asking for the manager's name to complain, the front desk clerk smugly said, "I'm it!". She refused to give me her full name saying only that her name was "Cindy" and said she was going to charge me for the room anyway. When I asked for her supervisor's name, she said she didn't have to give it to me. When I pressed her for it, shockingly she picked up the phone and called the cops to have me and my family removed from the hotel! When I told her I intended to take legal action, she said "Good luck!" My husband and I remained outside to ensure the officer took our statement and to get her supervisor's name. Two cops and a K-9 arrived a few minutes later. Obviously the officer did not believe her and only after talking to the officer did she agree to refund my money. We went to the Comfort Inn down the street and they were so helpful. They bent over backwards to help us after what had just happened. Outrageous!

1  Thank Robin B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Robin B,

Thank you so much for your recent comments. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, your comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Most importantly, I'd like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel. I would love to welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with further details. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Lera M

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We reserved a non smoking room with 2 queen beds for us and our 2 children. We had stayed the previous weekend, and had a good experience. As we entered our room we were immediately hit with the strong smell of cigarettes. It was like entering a bar. We went back to the front desk to let them know. The manager on duty was very rude. She never once apologized. We were told there were no other similar rooms and we would have to have more expensive room. When I mentioned that we should not be charged more because our room was not acceptable, her reaction was very rude. She acted like i was crazy and that she couldnt do that just because we didnt like the room. Hello??? It had clearly been smoked in. She even asked if we were sure it had been smoked in. Very rude. My kids ended up sleeping on a fold out couch instead of a queen bed and we paid more. Not happy with the service at all this time

• Stayed: July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Public Acknowledgement:

Dear joeybobbi,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Bedford and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I want to extend my personal apology that we did not meet your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

I want thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G

Reviewed April 30, 2012

This hotel is located in a quiet area just outside of town. The hotel was clean. I was a bit apprehensive because of some of the bad reviews, but I would definately stay again. Breakfast, bedding, etc. were all typical of Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BoilerUp2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Comfort Suites French Lick
Holiday Inn Express Bloomington
French Lick Springs Hotel
French Lick Springs Hotel
#2 of 5 in French Lick

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bedford? Share your experiences!