Holiday Inn Express Bedford
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
Spring Mill Inn(Mitchell)
View Hotel
Crazyhorse Ranch & Lodge(West Baden Springs)
Economy Inn(Bloomington)
View Hotel
All reviewspool areaone nightfront deskhot tubwireless signalroom was cleanpancake machinebloomington hotelsbreakfast was standard farechlorine smellwould stay here againvery nice hotelcheck in was easynice breakfastking suiteup to datehie
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I reserved two cribs for my twins. When I arrived, they had given away one of the cribs. After calling around to other hotels and asking for the manager's name to complain, the front desk clerk smugly said, "I'm it!". She refused to give me her full name saying only that her name was "Cindy" and said she was going to charge me for the room anyway. When I asked for her supervisor's name, she said she didn't have to give it to me. When I pressed her for it, shockingly she picked up the phone and called the cops to have me and my family removed from the hotel! When I told her I intended to take legal action, she said "Good luck!" My husband and I remained outside to ensure the officer took our statement and to get her supervisor's name. Two cops and a K-9 arrived a few minutes later. Obviously the officer did not believe her and only after talking to the officer did she agree to refund my money. We went to the Comfort Inn down the street and they were so helpful. They bent over backwards to help us after what had just happened. Outrageous!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Robin B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Robin B,

Thank you so much for your recent comments. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, your comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Most importantly, I'd like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel. I would love to welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with further details. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Lera M
Case Manager

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We reserved a non smoking room with 2 queen beds for us and our 2 children. We had stayed the previous weekend, and had a good experience. As we entered our room we were immediately hit with the strong smell of cigarettes. It was like entering a bar. We went back to the front desk to let them know. The manager on duty was very rude. She never once apologized. We were told there were no other similar rooms and we would have to have more expensive room. When I mentioned that we should not be charged more because our room was not acceptable, her reaction was very rude. She acted like i was crazy and that she couldnt do that just because we didnt like the room. Hello??? It had clearly been smoked in. She even asked if we were sure it had been smoked in. Very rude. My kids ended up sleeping on a fold out couch instead of a queen bed and we paid more. Not happy with the service at all this time

• Stayed: July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Public Acknowledgement:

Dear joeybobbi,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Bedford and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I want to extend my personal apology that we did not meet your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

I want thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager

Reviewed April 30, 2012

This hotel is located in a quiet area just outside of town. The hotel was clean. I was a bit apprehensive because of some of the bad reviews, but I would definately stay again. Breakfast, bedding, etc. were all typical of Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BoilerUp2010
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The staff was helpful and friendly. Room was beautiful and had a balcony overlooking the pool. Food was great and for the price, I think it's the best in Bedford. Sleep quality was the only thing that was lacking, but that was due to our neighbors, not the motel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandi T
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Damp musty smelly room with creepy crawliesThe duvet was tucked so far under the mattress it came up to your waist. Unironed sheets - apparently they fuss about a designer look to the duvet but don't iron the sheets or freshen the room - awoke due to the smell. Time to ash the air con filters guys!!!!

Room Tip: avoid it like the plague its spa isn't worth a smelly room
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Dear Fiona S,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,