“Best stay for the money”

Holiday Inn Express Bedford
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The staff was helpful and friendly. Room was beautiful and had a balcony overlooking the pool. Food was great and for the price, I think it's the best in Bedford. Sleep quality was the only thing that was lacking, but that was due to our neighbors, not the motel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandi T
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Bedford

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Damp musty smelly room with creepy crawliesThe duvet was tucked so far under the mattress it came up to your waist. Unironed sheets - apparently they fuss about a designer look to the duvet but don't iron the sheets or freshen the room - awoke due to the smell. Time to ash the air con filters guys!!!!

Room Tip: avoid it like the plague its spa isn't worth a smelly room
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Dear Fiona S,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed March 22, 2012

pool was so cold turned kids lips blue after being in it less then 15 min when contacted the manager cindi she told us it was 86 degrees must of been being checked right by its heater i wouldnt stay there agian not when super 8 is only 1 mile away with a hot pool and good customer service and a better price

Room Tip: there is no good room there ours had mold growing in the ceiling in the jr ex suite
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Dear Eric m,

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I arrived early afternoon with a departure time of midnite, I was checked in by Belinda the early check in was not a problem...appears to be freshly remodeled..room was nice and clean great water pressure bathroom was well stocked...only downfall the room I was in had no microwave but it did have a coffee pot and a refrigerator...nice place freindly people and gravel truck parking beside the regular parking lot...I would reccomend this place ....I will be back the next time Im in the area...the price was a little higher than I wanted to pay but they were almost sold out and it was worth what I paid....

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I spent two nights at this hotel. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is not within walking distance of any restaurants. I saw another review about a balcony room which is what I had. While there was some noise in the evening of children playing in the pool, it was not bothersome and ended by an appropriate time. Fortunately, I did not stay and work in the room during the day. The breakfast was adequate but, I wish the bananas were not as black as they were (I guess I need to get there earlier). The hotel is used by many business workers. The free Wi-Fi worked very well. FYI, they use Bath and Body Works products for soap. Some hotels get the cheap soap but, this location uses the nicer products (that you'll want to take home).

Room Tip: If you don't like to hear kids playing in the pool during the day or evening, do not get a balco...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding in town,I had to make multiple phone calls to modify my reservation and each time I came in contact with the hotel they were awesome at helping me with my needs. They helped me with an early check in and swaping from a one bed room to a two bed room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I too would stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband, two daughters and grandkids stayed her Saturday night of Labor Day weekend because we were attending a family reunion in the area and going to the Children's Museum in Indianapolis the next day. The room was very nice and large enough for a rollaway bed. We had an advance reservation, but we checked in late. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good, and we swam in the pool before we checked out. They had nice terrycloth robes in the room to wear to the pool. Very nice. Would stay here again if in the area. The Children's Museum is very nice. We all really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Quality Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bloomington
Super 8 Bedford
Super 8 Bedford
#3 of 5 in Bedford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bedford? Share your experiences!