“Excellent Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Bedford
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Great Customer Service, Clean, and Quiet Room. Pet friendly as well. Free hot breakfast and pancakes are the best, Will definitely stay again when visiting family in the area.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank LibLib

Reviewed March 19, 2011

My husband and I needed a place to stay for just one night. This hotel is absolutely gorgeous. It is right off of 37 but pretty quiet. Make sure to get a room on the top floor if you need to sleep bc the floors and walls seemed a little on the thin side.
However, it was:
gorgeous, new, clean, modern (flat tv..super nice bathroom), white duvets, your choice of a firm or flat pillow, ac units that work and are controllable with a fan option to drown out any noise at night.
Free breakfast was perfect! Your choice of coffee, hot water, cereals, cinnamon rolls, oatmeal, scramble eggs, biscuits and gravy, and all kinds of condiments, teas, and sweeteners and juices.
Pool was beautiful. Staff was incredibly helpful and we got in late, so I was also granted a late checkout (2pm) when I requested it! Awesome!
Fridges in every room.
Also, there were very bright lights in the parking lot, which made me feel extra safe leaving my car there at night.
Again, this is a really nice hotel in a nice area for the price.
I've stayed in 4 star hotels that were not this clean. I mean... I couldn't find anything to complain about .. and I'm super picky. lol.
Also, hit up Mamma's restaurant downtown! I couldn't believe how nice this tiny hole-in-the-wall place was. Unbelievable salad bar.. all you can eat.. 5.99!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I was put in a room with a balcony over the pool. It was VERY noisy with kids screaming and music blaring. All my doors were completely closed. I was trying to get some work done but it was impossible.

Also, the hotel is 100% non-smoking, which was not noted on the reservation web-site.

I am starting to remember why I quit staying at Holiday Inns several years ago.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Amy46815
Reviewed November 13, 2010

I experienced the same situation as another reviewer. Arrived at the hotel, checked in and went to our room to find we had a king room instead of the double we had booked. Went back to the front desk to be told they were full and we had been upgraded since we were priority members. I wanted 2 beds in my room not one king and that is what I had reserved. Very rude at the front desk, after demanding I get a double they reluctantly switched another unknowing future guest so we could have our double. After leaving the hotel, I realized I had left 2 pillows and a phone charger. Upon calling the hotel, I was told they would COD them to me. I called back to see the status of my package and they said their policy had changed and would not be able to COD the items. I said I would see if I could get someone to pick up the items. A few weeks later I had someone go by to pick up items. She checked 3 times. First 2 she was told, items could not be found and the third time she was told they had been destroyed. I personally called and was treated very rudely by the manager while being told items are always kept 60 days and I pointed out NO they aren't because it hasn't even been 60 days. Also I received a call at home asking why my credit card was denying charges by the hotel. After talking through the situation with the Bedford hotel employee, I realized they had the wrong credit card number. I helped them with this situation. They had never actually swiped my card during my stay. This happened only a week or so before I was told my items were destroyed. I definitely wish I had never given them the correct number. Customer service is lacking. Facilities are updated and nice. However, I would pick Super 8 down the road any day after all the poor customer relations we endured. Tried to contact the owner but he never returned my request.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kccheatham
Reviewed November 8, 2010

A group of 52 of us stayed at this hotel for a college football game in Bloomington. We had rooms as well as the use of one of the meeting rooms. The rooms were very clean, decorated nicely and exceeded our expectations from a value standpoint. This is an excellent hotel for the money. The meeting room was terrific for our group and gave us a place to hang out and share food. The staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast in the morning was delicious and they kept it well stocked. With a location close to the highway, it was an easy trip north to Bloomington.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Booked this room while on a business trip to Crane Naval Station, and it was an absolute joy. The staff was exceedingly friendly and went out of their way to offer assistance. Rooms were large, tastefully decorated, and furnished to accomodate the needs of leisure and business travelers.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We were a late arrival to the hotel, which I had called to confirm. I had booked a room with two queen beds, and I had the printed confirmation of this. When we arrived, we learned that the room had been changed to a single king bed. When I questioned this, I was told that this was not done by the hotel, but by central reservations. The hotel was apparently booked to capacity, it was 9 pm and the staff had the attitude of "well, there is nothing we can do." Only when I asked, did they advise that a cot was an option. Also, I was told that here only one staff person working, therefore we would have to haul the cot to the room ourselves. Really, only one person and the hotel is booked to capacity?) I was told that the manager was not in, but that I could speak with the manager in the morning. The room was very clean, but the king mattress was hard and uncomfortable. The hotel has a beautiful indoor pool and spa, which you will enjoy if you can tolerate the level of chlorine in the air. In the morning, I went to the desk and asked to speak with the manager. I was told she was not in. I was so angry at this point, that I took the time to contact central reservations customer service to file a complaint before check-out. I spoke with a supervisor there who advised that the switch in the room was NOT completed by central reservations, but by the hotel itself one full day before our stay. Now I was really angry, because not only did this happen, the staff tried to cover it up. I was told that I would be contacted by someone in the hotel within 24 hours. Now, isn't it funny that by the time I made it to the desk to check out, the manager was available to speak with me? At this point, if I were the manager, I would have been bending over backwards to apologize, saying that I wanted to do whatever we could to make this right,and hoping that I would come back and stay with them again. Instead, I was told that a confirmation did not guarantee the type of room, just that a room would be available. The manager did ask what I wanted her to do, but it was with such a laissez-faire attitude that I just turned around and walked out the door. It seemed that she had only done that because I had called in a complaint to the main office. The whole attitude of the hotel seemed to be that we are friendly when everything goes right, but brush anything that goes wrong under the carpet. I have been in business and customer service for many years, and have stayed at many hotels. My piece of advice; you have a pretty nice establishement. Don't lie and avoid your customers when they have concerns. Take them seriously. All I really wanted was an earnest apology, offered from the onset of the issue.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
2 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington
#4 of 24 in Bloomington

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bedford? Share your experiences!