Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
gem mining this time around skipped the tour

Reviewed October 12, 2018
Laura P
Porter, Indiana
Interesting

Reviewed October 10, 2018
rdvance
Greenville, Indiana

All reviews boat ride catfish our tour guide underground river entire tour total darkness gift shop cave experience steep walk blue springs bring a jacket great tour slide show nice job walking shoes indiana cave hand rails
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm one of those that calls & when I did they said tours were done on the hour. K, I got there & there's no one waiting to go & the guy at the desk says they have both boats filled for a tour at 2:30. So I will have to wait till 3:30, not on the hour at all. I said fine, we will hike the trail & be back in time for the next tour. There's no one else there. He does not ask for my name or money & I thought ok, he knows we are going. I see the guy outside after getting our hiking shoes on & ask which way to the trail, he pointis out, I I say cool, be back in time for the 3:30. He smiles. I get back & am informed by another guy that since my name is not on a list & I did not pay that I will now need to wait till 4:30. At this point I gave him a gesture that implied what I thought his IQ must be & left. Spring Mill State park on the other hand was freakin awesome!!!!

Reviewed October 12, 2018

we have done the tour of the cave in the past but this time we came to just gem mine. We have been to every cave on the cave tour. we have gem hunted at them all. When we where last here I do not recall the mine. I can say this they give the most gems for your buck. Marengo cave has super awesome caves to explore and gems but they only give a few for the price you pay. squire boone gave far more than Marengo cave and also has different features. each cave that we have been to has been different and so have the experiences. we had just as much fun this time around here as we did when we went in the cave. enjoy the experience as each is unique.

1  Thank Laura P
Reviewed October 10, 2018

We had a very informed guide how shared his corny jokes with us and made us laugh. The boat took us deep into the cave and showed us what total darkness was really like. Bring a jacket as it is fairly cool.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

As a grown man traveling alone, I did not expect to enjoy this as much as I did. Instead of a tourist trap, I was able to enjoy an hour-long tour through an underground river, complete with wildlife and geology lessons from my knowledgeable tour guide. It gave me a newfound appreciation for what goes on beneath my feet. I'd recommend this to anyone else traveling in the area, with or without kids.

Reviewed September 29, 2018

I took a tour of the caverns on a Sunday and it wasn't crowded at all, which was nice. My tour guide, who I believe was named Chris, was absolutely wonderful. He was super informative and crack a lot of puns. Who doesn't like a good pun? If you are in the area, come check out the caverns. The boat tour is really nice. The only part that's rough is the walk out of the caverns.

1  Thank Kayla G
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Mrs. Dyngus and i made the trip to Bedford Indiana to take in the cavern. We had a great time. Our guide Sam did a great job! As you walk down the hill you feel the temperature drop. We went from 90 degrees to mid 50’s with in 30 yards. Bring a jacket because it is always 50 degrees in the cavern.
Sam was funny and very informational and did a nice job driving the boat. We were in a small enough group that at the end we saw were they house groups for over night in the cavern. Really fun time. Check it out!

3  Thank Dyngus
Reviewed August 29, 2018

My daughter and I went to Bluespring Caverns last week as part of our Southern Indiana getaway each summer. Somehow, I had missed doing this tour when I lived in Bloomington, but I’ve heard Squire Boon Caverns is more interesting and dynamic with a less commercial approach to tourism.

Anyway, we left the tour on time on a Friday afternoon with a small group of like 10 people (the middle schoolers and one 20-something were a little obnoxious), but we could hear and interact with the tour guide. He answered questions and presented the tour decently. The boat was smooth and safe except for a few bumps into the rock turning the boat in tight corners. (FYI, there was no danger of flooding the cavern in the time we were underground. Nice to know after the recent fiasco with the soccer kids stuck in a flooding cave in Thailand!)

As for the caverns, they had interesting formations and blind cave fish, but an hour to go up the ‘river’ and back seems a bit long for such an excursion.

As one of the four stops on the Indiana Cave Tour (Wyandotte, Marengo and Squire Boone being the other destinations), Bluespring is fun and informative, but honestly it’s a lot of billboard hype for the money and I’d save this for last. The gift shop, gemstone mining through and steep walk down and up to the cavern entrance (watch it, smokers!) were pretty cool. The facility is well-kept but off the beaten path from U. S. 50 just west of Bedford, Indiana. I would add that there is a nice picnic shelter above the gift shop parking lot.

3  Thank Eric F
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were in the area for a family reunion and we decided to check out a few tourist attractions. We chose Bluespring Caverns because of the boat tour. We both really enjoyed it! Our guide,Tyler , was amazing! He was able to answer questions and was very funny! This was a great experience, well worth the ticket price! I am very happy that this was the tourist attraction we chose to do today!

1  Thank alissab381
Reviewed August 12, 2018

This little hidden gem is a place I was happy to return to. My girlfriend is here from Australia and quite enjoyed this as well. The entry fee was $18 for each adult and well worth it for the experience. Bring long sleeves of some kind because the cave is quite cool regardless of the temperatures outside.
Once you get through the brief tour and into the cave you'll quickly be in the small boat and off on your tour. I'd recommend sitting toward the end of the boat closest to the dock if you wish to take pictures as that is the front once you get turned around.
I've been here with my children as well and they love this place and I'm sure we will be returning again.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

Never been underground and in a boat at the same time. This is the place to do it. Very cool and interesting tour a must if your in the area. Tour guide was great.